Started getting choppy video, log reports failed to find definition for setting playback_bitrate. Creating a setting on-the-fly...

djon

Hi,

recently all my videos started being really choppy. In the log I see a lot of

failed to find definition for setting playback_bitrate. Creating a setting on-the-fly...

Link to debug log:

http://paste.kodi.tv/gofomageco

Any pointers on why EmbyCon reports these errors and if that could be related to my issues and how to fix it?

TeamB
DEBUG: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.embycon]: failed to find definition for setting playback_bitrate. Creating a setting on-the-fly...

There not errors. They are DEBUG log entries. Do you have Debug logging turned on?

Kodi can get overly chatty with DEBUG logging and this line is telling you that there is a setting in the settings save file that is not defined in the settings.xml config for the plugin. This usually happens when a new version of the add-on drops or renames a setting, the old one is still in the settings save file and Kodi does not know what to do with it so it warns you that it is still loading it. I dont actually know why Kodi does this as this does not cause any issues with kodi so I guess it is just to let devs know when they look at the DEBUG log that they might have missed something.

If in the past you had set a lower/higher bitrate in the default in the settings you might need to check it again now as the new setting name would be set to its new default which might not be what you are expecting.

Edited by TeamB