Live TV - Ability to bring up guide while media is playing local media via VirtualTV plugin

hstamas

hstamas

@ebr Im pretty sure this has been requested so my apologies but I cant find it so I am requesting this again here. Please move if you feel the need.

What are the chance of getting the ability to bring up the guide when using the excellent Virtual TV plugin in Playlist mode? Really ruins the experience to have to stop playback just to see what else is on "TV".

Thanks!

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

Spaceboy

:) this has been requested by myself many years ago and again recently. ebr just ignored the last request. for myself its not just virtual tv, i want to be able to bring up the guide whatever i'm watching, but most often when i am watching recorded tv and i see a trailer for something thats on in future. i want to schedule the recording from the guide but there is no way to bring it up to do that.

lets see if he responds this time

• Like 2

hstamas

I hear you @Spaceboy. I don't use a true TV backend with Emby so I wasn't sure if the guide was available when using the TV section as it was originally meant to be used or not.

I know this has been discussed before. Seem like if you have software with integrated live TV functionality you should be able to get to a TV guide without having to stop playback regardless of what your actually playing back (local versus a TV stream),

Might as well have the TV aspect of Emby be a completely separate app.

Spaceboy

you can pull up the guide during live tv playback, just nowhere else. i don't see why its a problem to have the button on the OSD regardless of the type of media being played. if it was good enough for WMC then it should be good enough for emby :D

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
hstamas

@ebr, any chance this has been considered? Being able to pull up the guide during Virtual TV plugin playback would be very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
hstamas

@ebrany chance this feature will be making it into the stable version any time soon? I can no longer use the beta version due to the playlist crashing issue talked about here; 

16 hours ago, hstamas said:

@ebrany chance this feature will be making it into the stable version any time soon? I can no longer use the beta version due to the playlist crashing issue talked about here; 

Hi.  That problem has already been fixed in a new beta and it is a very narrow use-case.  If you just start playback before trying to enter the audio player, there will be no problem.

Thanks.

hstamas
10 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  That problem has already been fixed in a new beta and it is a very narrow use-case.  If you just start playback before trying to enter the audio player, there will be no problem.

Thanks.

All set with the beta @ebrthanks. Didn’t realize that the Play Store wasn’t installing the absolute latest build. Sideloaded .26 and all works again. 

• 3 months later...
Raptor6L

Hi EBR

Any chance this will be making it's way into Theater Desktop version live TV? As mentioned above, it would be good to be able to hit the guide button and have the full guide screen overlay whatever is playing.

Thanks

Chris

10 hours ago, Raptor6L said:

Hi EBR

Any chance this will be making it's way into Theater Desktop version live TV? As mentioned above, it would be good to be able to hit the guide button and have the full guide screen overlay whatever is playing.

Thanks

Chris

For live TV it should be already there in theater desktop.

Raptor6L

Ohh ok. How do I make that work? I press ctrl-g and nothing happens. 

I can use the mouse or remote to go to guide on the OSD. That brings up the mini guide, 3 lines. Is that it?

Cheers

Chris

2 minutes ago, Raptor6L said:

Ohh ok. How do I make that work? I press ctrl-g and nothing happens. 

I can use the mouse or remote to go to guide on the OSD. That brings up the mini guide, 3 lines. Is that it?

Cheers

Chris

For now that is the onscreen guide although we will probably be looking at making it larger in future updates. thanks.

Raptor6L

Ok, thanks Luke. It would also be good to have the keyboard shortcut work whilst in Live TV so, when it's mapped to a remote, it's a one button press to toggle up/down the guide.

Thanks

Chris