Samsung DEX client

monkeyslapper

monkeyslapper

I am not sure if this would be the correct place to put this. But as of recent I have been having issue with DEX and emby not working properly. The Emby will load fine, but the mouse point will disappear when moving across emby screen. I have tried this in chrome on dex and getting same issue. when i move the point off of emby the pointer will show. So i am not sure if this is something of layers being the issue or what? All other apps that i use seems to be working fine. The Phone that I am using is the Samsung s20+ with the latest android installed. Any other possible idea that would cause this?

Thanks

Monkeyslapper. 

monkeyslapper

Dex is Samsung own Desktop application working from your phone. It still using android type of operation. When you hook up your phone to a monitor/TV you instant desktop.

basic link for Dex. https://www.samsung.com/us/explore/dex/

Emby was working on DEX before, I am not sure what exactly changed. My mouse point seem to disappear when i hover over emby window, either from chrome window or emby for android. 

Thanks

Monkeyslapper. 

3 minutes ago, neik said:

I think you could use the Emby for Android (beta) app and switch to TV layout if Emby doesn't do it automatically.

Yea TV mode will be fine, but I think he's actually trying to use it as a desktop and he wants mouse features.  If you pick mobile or desktop layout mode then the app is intended to automatically adjust based on what the environment reports as the primary input method.

If you try this on a Chromebook you see it works perfectly. When you use the mouse you get the hover effects. When you rotate the screen and put it into tablet mode, everything then becomes geared towards touch input.

The problem with DEX is that I guess this is just not happening for whatever reason.

• 3 weeks later...
notla49285

I don't know why this happens but I do have a kind of crappy fix. When the mouse disappears click somewhere on screen, the pointer is still active, it just doesn't actually show on screen. When you click something the cursor will appear again (but then it may disappear again at some point). The other issue with this "fix" is you don't know where you're clicking! Try and aim for a blank area on screen :D

This is a really random issue and I can't tell if it's the way that Emby is rendered or if there is some kind of bug in DEX. It's a shame, DEX is such an amazingly useful tool but barely anybody knows it exists because Samsung don't bother to promote it enough.

Edited by notla49285

notla49285

Found a bit of a better fix, try accessing Emby via Firefox browser in DEX. I've tried going through quite a few menus, libraries, etc and my cursor still hasn't disappeared yet. It happens almost instantly in Chrome.

Edited by notla49285