DS218+ Installation of EMBY Server

Marcus67

Marcus67

Hi all,

I am new to this and feel lost how to setup emby on a Synolgy DS218+.

Steps done so far:
1. Copied the file emby-server-synology_4.5.4.0_x86_64.spk to the NAS
2. Manually uploaded it into the package station
3. Opened it in the package centre (strange enough it started a new FireFox TAB on the open Browser which gives the impression it will be installed on my local pc)
4. Followed the steps - at folders I couldnt browse the media folders of the NAS but only got systemfolders
5. So I entered the IP in the network for NAS which can be accessed by explorer e.g. (seeing here all my media files)
6. When I scan the library emby find no files

I must have made something wrong - ayn help / hint is very appreciated.

Thank you
Marcus

EDIT

=====

I am able now to see a /Volume1 where I see /video as subfolder but when I choose the path to /video emby always deletes the entry and the folder input field went red marked (see pictures). When I call localhost:8096 I am able to see all my movies on the NAS, but not over the netadress which is shown by emby. I can see emby start page which is good but no files. Of course the library must be empty as long as I cannot tell emby how to find the files.

vol1.JPG.37e30720b2b9e2861b8a63ade963798d.JPG

vol1_1.JPG

vol1_2.JPG

Edited by Marcus67

Make sure in the NAS Control Panel - User - Emby - Edit - Permissions, that user Emby has Read/Write permission on your media root folder. In my case all my video media folders (TV Shows and Movies) are within a folder called Videos, so I've set Emby to have R/W permission for the Videos folder, and my music is under a separate folder called Music, so I've set Emby to have R/W permission on that too.

Marcus67

Hi all,

sorry for the late reply. I updated the to the latest EMBY server and out of sudden I was able to browse the folders. To be honest as a noob I cannot tell now if I made somethng wrong before or whatever happened on the NAS - but it works now. The only thing left is that between my SONY TV and the synology the movies are jerking and stopping - this is kinda annyoing. I tried to stream on the TV from Amazon etc. and it works like a charme, I also tried to stream emby movies on my PC and it works fine so I do not believe its a WLAN issue or the like, bt I have no idea what the problem is. It happens not continouus but mostly with every 2nd film - a pity. But I believe its not really an emby problem :(

Thanks all for your help,

Marcus

• 5 weeks later...
Marcus67

Hi all,

as a final info: I changed my TV to a Samsung and voilà all the issues are gone noy and the stream is smooth and fine. No stoppings anymore, so it was the TV Sony Bravia that caused the issues.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 12:40 AM, Marcus67 said:

Hi all,

sorry for the late reply. I updated the to the latest EMBY server and out of sudden I was able to browse the folders. To be honest as a noob I cannot tell now if I made somethng wrong before or whatever happened on the NAS - but it works now. The only thing left is that between my SONY TV and the synology the movies are jerking and stopping - this is kinda annyoing. I tried to stream on the TV from Amazon etc. and it works like a charme, I also tried to stream emby movies on my PC and it works fine so I do not believe its a WLAN issue or the like, bt I have no idea what the problem is. It happens not continouus but mostly with every 2nd film - a pity. But I believe its not really an emby problem :(

Thanks all for your help,

Marcus

Hi, were you using an Emby app on the Sony, or just Dlna?