Does Emby support Dolby Vision / HDR10+ .TS targeting an Oppo 20(35)?

RonHill

I have successfully created main title .TS files with Dolby Vision / HDR10+ and Dolby Atmos audio that play identically to the UHD discs I created them from when playing them from a USB connected directly to the Oppo. I am considering purchasing Emby and a Synology NAS with a view to streaming via DLNA. Will this work or if not currently is it on the todo list to support extended HDR modes over DLNA streaming?

Hi, Emby can stream the original .ts file to your Dlna device, so the answer to that question is yes.

Now whether or not your device will use HDR with Dlna (it probably will), that I can't answer, but as long as the original file is being streamed as-is without any conversions, then Emby Server is doing it's part.

@LukeThanks Luke. I am quite new to Emby so please forgive my question if it seemed obvious to you. So basically if I understand you right then Emby simply pushes the file at a DLNA device and unless you setup transcoding on the Emby side then the target device should simply get the same data as if it was reading the file itself? Is that correct?

For the most part with Dlna yes, that's what we do. The server does include a few device profiles for some devices that we know require transcoding, but we don't one for Oppo, therefore everything will direct play.