no video with Google TV

densma

one of my users is unable to play 4K HDR content on google TV. 108P and 4k non-HDR plays well. HDR only plays audio and no video. he is using version AndriodTV 1.8.54g. server side is Version 4.6.0.10 beta.

logs attached 

emby.rar

mastrmind11

im not going to install unrar in order to look at the logs, but tell your users to adjust the playback settings to something lower, preferably something that is under  their max download bandwidth, then report back.

Edited by mastrmind11

jrwalte

The only way HDR content works, that I'm aware of, is if they are playing the file direct and no transcoding occurs. That's 50-90Mbps for 4K. If they are not local, that's a lot of internet bandwidth. It's doable (I can do it on att fiber) but it isn't reliable.

Edited by jrwalte

27 minutes ago, ebr said:

It is stream copying the video and only converting the audio.

Can you play this item for a few seconds and then send a log from the app?

user has no send log option... seem to be admin only?  is there a permission for this? I will take a look

2 hours ago, jrwalte said:

The only way HDR content works, that I'm aware of, is if they are playing the file direct and no transcoding occurs. That's 50-90Mbps for 4K. If they are not local, that's a lot of internet bandwidth. It's doable (I can do it on att fiber) but it isn't reliable.

its direct stream only. user setup screen

userplayback.PNG

jrwalte

It's possible that is the issue. You define no transcoding is allowed, but the video bitrate is too high for your or their connection (or a defined max bitrate in server or client) and so the video is blank and only audio comes through.

Edited by jrwalte

5 hours ago, jrwalte said:

It's possible that is the issue. You define no transcoding is allowed, but the video bitrate is too high for your or their connection (or a defined max bitrate in server or client) and so the video is blank and only audio comes through.

nope. That isnt the issue. he can play from other like andriod TV  from xbr-65a1e not just with google TV

8 hours ago, densma said:

its direct stream only. user setup screen

userplayback.PNG

Please try turning this back on and see how it compares. Please make note of the warning underneath the option.

20 hours ago, Luke said:

Please try turning this back on and see how it compares. Please make note of the warning underneath the option.

that didnt work with all checked. though  he was able to play for one time and wont play anymore.

log sent at few mins ago  5:27pm est

CBers
On 17/01/2021 at 17:12, densma said:

user has no send log option... seem to be admin only?  is there a permission for this? I will take a look

Need to enable DEBUG mode in the options of the app. 

22 minutes ago, densma said:

that didnt work with all checked. though  he was able to play for one time and wont play anymore.

What, exactly, does that mean?

Hi.  You said "he was able to play for one time and won't play anymore".  What, exactly, happened there?