Jump to content

Watch specified content without login


D1sk
 Share

Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Recommended Posts

Hello I make hobbie-like AMV and FMV and would like to publish them on my Emby server so that everyone who comes to the login screen of Emby can watch this content without login. Is this possible with Emby?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution

Hi, not exactly, but you can come close by setting up a user with a blank password. Like for example you could call it Guest. Then all they have to do is click on it and they'll be right in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/16/2021 at 9:24 PM, Luke said:

Hi, not exactly, but you can come close by setting up a user with a blank password. Like for example you could call it Guest. Then all they have to do is click on it and they'll be right in.

It works nice but one Problem

There is still a problem when I call up the page, the guest user is not displayed.
Of course I can log in normally with my user data. But the visitor does not know that there is such a guest access without password.

When I access the website via the internal IP, the guest user is displayed.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

https://team4s.de:6060/

grafik.png.e525653e03f2a5bd41c6893387265730.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can set the user to be visible on local or remote login screens separately.  It's near the bottom of the first tab of the user's settings:

user.jpg.41797a07925364437ea40a7fc43205e5.jpg

Paul

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, D1sk said:

 

i habe ausol postet the web adresse where you can check for your selfe. :)

grafik.thumb.png.24466faa797cf1c68eead5eeac4f620c.png

Looks like it's working just fine. The guest user is right there, no?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ebr said:

But, when you first just go to the web app in a browser, you don't see the list of users, correct?

Exactly, and I need a solution for that :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

🤦‍♂️ he still hasnt disabled the option to show users when connected remotely. the images he has provided show that. once again:

dashboard - > Users -> select your guest account

user.jpg.41797a07925364437ea40a7fc43205e5.jpg

NOT

Dashboard -> User -> Profile

Edited by Spaceboy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Spaceboy said:

🤦‍♂️ he still hasnt disabled the option to show users when connected remotely. the images he has provided show that. once again:

dashboard - > Users -> select your guest account

user.jpg.41797a07925364437ea40a7fc43205e5.jpg

NOT

Dashboard -> User -> Profile

I reckon OP wants that Guest user TO BE shown when connected remotely, not hidden? 🤔

At least, that's how I understood the thread, hence he should not disable it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Luke said:

So what do you see then?

Domain call via internal IP

- I see a picture of the user Guest on the login screen.

grafik.png.ad7b32b513d71232a9f2240cf4a945dc.png


- If you click on the picture, you are logged in directly, because the user Guest has no password.

Domain call via external IP
 
- I only see the login window and no picture of the user guest.

grafik.png.2c429d09de7cce94aad6c51e3877f31f.png


- When I log in with the user guest and enter the name and click on login, the message Login error appears.

grafik.png.0048b2fcab3725455d6ae427c746eeb8.png


- If I do the same with another user who has a password I can log in.

Domain call via external IP and intern IP

I want to see a user picture that I can click on that picuter and  logged in directly via the external IP as it also works via the internal IP.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

I reckon OP wants that Guest user TO BE shown when connected remotely, not hidden? 🤔

At least, that's how I understood the thread, hence he should not disable it. 

Hello Grim

if i do that like in yout picure then is ausol the User hidden on the intern ip

grafik.png.eac19c1d29c7fe65511b1d1a3311fcbc.png

and it looks like this

grafik.png.5bb3844bff5d3cc3c4611983f9ea0102.png

and on the extern IP it looks like this

grafik.png.489b36d1e23194d0d6fcf6d6ca3c3541.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, D1sk said:

Hello Grim

if i do that like in yout picure then is ausol the User hidden on the intern ip

grafik.png.eac19c1d29c7fe65511b1d1a3311fcbc.png

and it looks like this

grafik.png.5bb3844bff5d3cc3c4611983f9ea0102.png

and on the extern IP it looks like this

grafik.png.489b36d1e23194d0d6fcf6d6ca3c3541.png

Yeah, that's how I understood it, you should have both of those checkboxes unticked, as per your original screenshot. 

BTW I didn't post any screenshots, I think that was Paul's. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, D1sk said:

Domain call via external IP
 
- I only see the login window and no picture of the user guest.

grafik.png.2c429d09de7cce94aad6c51e3877f31f.png

Out of curiosity, can you try logging on to your server unsecurely via http://, not https://?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Out of curiosity, can you try logging on to your server unsecurely via http://, not https://?

This does not work, you are redirected directly to https

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, D1sk said:

This does not work, you are redirected directly to https

You need to disable Secure connection mode and log in to port listed in Dashboard which will likely be different from 6060.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One other slight chink in the armour here is the playstate will be the same for all users of this 'Guest' account.

It sounds like a reasonable suggestion for a Feature Request for a Guest/Anonymous account to not record playstate ..

Edited by rbjtech
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

You need to disable Secure connection mode and log in to port listed in Dashboard which will likely be different from 6060.

I will certainly not deactivate https and threaten security. Besides, certain browsers don't even allow http anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, D1sk said:

I will certainly not deactivate https and threaten security. Besides, certain browsers don't even allow http anymore.

Well, that certainly is your call, although a minute or two that was required would likely not have catastrophic consequences, but to each their own, I fully respect that. 

Was just taking a wild guess that secure protocol MAYBE doesn't allow paswwordless(?) login, hence the test, but that's something that the devs might give more insight to. 🤷‍♂️

@Luke

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For HTTP test purposes within minimal/no risk, simply create a forward & f/w rule to allow just the single WAN IP from your 4/5G phone or something as the source.  As soon as the test is over, then remove it. 

Edited by rbjtech
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What URL is being used to login to the Emby Server?

Are you using a domain name or Emby Connect?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...