Emby freezing on Apple TV

timkemp

Hi,

I’ve got an issue with playing some media files on an ATV 4K - when trying to play the file Emby freezes and I have to force quit. It happens when connected to a particular LG TV, as my other ATVs are fine, and this ATV also works fine when connected to a different TV. It is only certain files, and everything else on the ATV works fine, including playing the same media files on Infuse. I’m not sure when it started occurring, but has been for at least the last few weeks. I’ve tried resetting the ATV and reinstalling - same issue. I’ve updated the server app to 4.5.4.0, and the ATV app is 1.5.0 (2). I’ve also tried changing screen resolutions, TV settings and cables, and can’t find the problem! I’ve attached my server logs (DS218+) and any help gratefully received! The last part of the logs (from 1250 onwards should should a file playing normally followed by a file which causes Emby to freeze).

Thanks for any help!

embyserver 3.txt

Edited by timkemp
Adding thanks!

Hi - I’ve got the native player enabled. I’ve just tried changing to MPV, and that seems to have cured the problem! Thanks! So I’ve now got MPV on this ATV, but native on the others - does it matter, or what difference does it make?

15 hours ago, timkemp said:

Hi - I’ve got the native player enabled. I’ve just tried changing to MPV, and that seems to have cured the problem! Thanks! So I’ve now got MPV on this ATV, but native on the others - does it matter, or what difference does it make?

Mpv supports more formats. We will be making it the default with the next release of the apple tv app. Thanks.

• Like 1