windowstate.json re-written on every close - position is off

linuxabuser
Go to solution Solved by ParcelRot,

linuxabuser

My windowstate.json gets updated to this on every close. 

{"x":-11,"y":-11,"width":1942,"height":1102,"state":"Maximized"}

This results in the window being slightly off-center. I have to click the maximize button every single time to have a true fullscreen experience.

I have tried deleting the windowstate.json file, but it reappears with the wrong settings after re-launching Emby theater. This is a single monitor setup (HTPC connected to A/V receiver). This problem started maybe 4 - 5 weeks ago? No changes to the PC, which is running Windows 10.

It's almost as if there are scrollbar-sized margins on the right side and bottom.

Edited by linuxabuser

Sentinel

Hi

On my everyday window 10 PC connected to dual monitors, my json file has the below.

{"x":-8,"y":-8,"width":1920,"height":1040,"state":"Fullscreen"}

Works full screen on launch as well with no issues on the primary monitor, and even goes fully over the windows 10 start menu every time.

On my 4k media PC connected to hdmi receiver, i have to click the Emby title bar every time to get it to go full screen, but only for the last month or so, same as you.
Pain in the bum when just using a remote control.
If you maximise the window, it does take the full screen up, but if you just click the title bar, it will go full screen and the json file reflects it as above json shows.

very weird, works on one, but not the other. Seems like it ignores the setting on the media PC when Emby loads.

Sorry, not a fix (unless the fullscreen in the json helps), just saying your not the only one. :(

Cheers

• Solution
ParcelRot

My workaround is to use this in my windowstate.json file:

{"x":0,"y":0,"width":3840,"height":2160,"state":"Maximized"}

And then I make sure the file is set to read-only. This appears to work even in other resolutions. It will always have the correct size and position for me, although may not work if you have a higher resolution than 4K.

linuxabuser

@Sentinel thanks for the validation!

@ParcelRot - that worked! I only have a 1080p TV so I set it to 1920x1080. Making windowstate.json read only was key. 

It would be nice to understand why this happened, but at least there's a solution.

Edited by linuxabuser
  • Like 1

ParcelRot

Oh - my solution may not work that great if you configured Emby Theater to use an External Player. After the video player quits and control returns to Emby Theater, it doesn't always go fullscreen and leaves space on the right and bottom edge of the Emby Theater window. Oh well.

linuxabuser
6 hours ago, ParcelRot said:

Oh - my solution may not work that great if you configured Emby Theater to use an External Player. After the video player quits and control returns to Emby Theater, it doesn't always go fullscreen and leaves space on the right and bottom edge of the Emby Theater window. Oh well.

Not sure what you mean by external player, but your solution does work for me exactly as described.

• 2 weeks later...
dredd1963

Hi the issue the gaps on the right and bottom of the screen, are you using the settings for the picture on your graphics card by any chance. I do and have the same issue with the side and bottom ever since.