Enabling The User To Customize metadata fields shown for music

Music100

Music100

I have a library of music files  with expanded metadata information. 

Examples include:

- Episode Name (Such as "Season 3" of a soundtrack)

- Sample Rate Frequency (Such as 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz or 96 kHz, etc.)

- Media Type (FLAC or WAV or MP3)

- The release date (given as January 15, 2021)

- Comments

1) I see how a user could manually re-write all this information as tags using Emby -- but if one already has many thousands of audio files with that information embedded is there a way to display custom metadata fields in Emby? 

2) If so, could there also be a way to search all existing metadata fields in Emby?

With gratitude and appreciation,

A

Hi, we don't currently store this extra information in the emby server database so that would be the first thing that would need to be looked at.

Music100

Wow, thank you for the lightning fast response!

That being the case, possibly a workaround for me would be to do a batch re-map of my existing metadata to fields you already created  in emby.

You already have of course a metadata "genre" field that shows the existing metadata for "genre" perfectly.  Are there FLAC or other metadata type fields that correspond to the fields you've already created in emby for "people" "studios" "tags" and "overview"? 

If so, I could use what already exists and would work with that until some future time.

Would it be possible to search all such tags?

Cheers

Edited by Music100

Are there FLAC or other metadata type fields that correspond to the fields you've already created in emby for "people" "studios" "tags" and "overview"? 

I haven't looked into this but it's possible there are. The other challenge with this is carving out space to display it. Currently for songs it's just click and play so there isn't really a detail screen to show the overview.

Music100

Thank you, Luke.  I see what you mean about the space. 

I believe if one could improve the ability to find material by searching the additional fields that would be great progress.