Convert ONLY new dvr recording?

jtimmyf

Hello

I am fairly new to emby and am having a problem with the auto convert new recordings in a folder. I want emby to only convert the dvr recordings that are recorded in just one folder. I right click the 3 dots on the folder in the recording page and click convert, check automatically convert new content. It works that one time. BTW: I ONLY want this one folder to be converted. If I drag a new video to that folder on my mac, it doesn't convert. I have to go back and tell it to again. Even if I scan library files.

Isn't there away to have emby automatically check for new files in a folder and convert them? Again ONLY those videos in the one folder.

Sometimes is converts videos in other folders as well. Not what I wanted.

I welcome any input?

Thanks Tim

Mac OS catalina, emby v 4.5.4.0

If I drag a new video to that folder on my mac, it doesn't convert.

Hi, yes it will but not until after the new content has been scanned into the library by the library scan. Then it will convert on the next run of the convert media scheduled task.

Okay thanks Luke. If I run a manual scan after it has made a conversion, will it run another conversion? I am sometimes getting multiples.

Thanks again for your input

jtimmyf

Just now, jtimmyf said:

I am sometimes getting multiples.

Probably because it sounds like you setup multiple conversion jobs on the same folder.

Thats what I'm trying to avoid! I only want one folder to only convert the newly recorded/added .ts file. How can I ensure I don't have/get multiple conversion jobs on that one folder? The folder I have named DVR by the way.

jtimmyf

You can go into the server Conversions screen and delete all of the duplicate jobs that you created. I would start by doing that.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay after taking a pause from this issue I am wanting to get it tackled. After a tv show is recorded, no conversion takes place on its own, UNLESS I choose the video and tell it to make the conversion. I have tried re-scanning the library after the recording is made. I have NO conversion jobs showing. I have attached a pic of the setting on my recording folder, which I believe should have them automatically convert the default live tv recorded show. Still don't know what I am missing here.

Any help will be appreciated

jtimmyf

Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 11.55.07 AM.png

It doesn't run right after new media is added, it runs when the convert media scheduled task is executed, which by default is once or twice a day.