Failed playback on Nvidia Shield and Sony 65A8

ticster

I have an Nvidia Shield Pro (2019) and on certain files I get freezing on playback, it will play for a couple of minutes then simply stop as if I'd pressed pause, sometimes it recovers and continues playing other times it just trips over and playback has halted.

I can't see a specific error message myself in the logs hoping someone here can see what's going on. Files play fine in VLC on my windows laptop playing direct.

hardware_detection-63746308343.txt ffmpeg-transcode-f0ba1276-fc1d-4386-93d2-c599cf39e01b_1.txt embyserver.txt

Hi.  Did this problem occur in the session from which that ffmpeg log came?  It looks like it is transcoding fast enough.

Is the app running on the same device as the server?  Its possible you have an I/O bottleneck if both are competing for the same resources.

it did, there are no errors that I could see per se.

So I'm trying another tack, to get the emby server to 'convert' the media and replace the original files with the new ones - this is 'cooking' as i speak. I've chosen a show - asked it to convert and that's ticking along now.

However I tried this with another show and the server 'fell over' and now if I ask it to convert that show it's as if it simply ignores my request and does nothing... but on a new choice the convert media job kicks off and does it's thing

oh one other note, when kicking off a transcode of a series it transcoded 3 episodes then just 'stopped' and did no other episodes, I can't see a reason for it nothing in the logs that I could see just transcoded, copied a file, deleted the transcode and didn't 'do' any more...

5 hours ago, ticster said:

oh one other note, when kicking off a transcode of a series it transcoded 3 episodes then just 'stopped' and did no other episodes, I can't see a reason for it nothing in the logs that I could see just transcoded, copied a file, deleted the transcode and didn't 'do' any more...

Is it possible it ran out of space?

17 hours ago, ticster said:

Can you please attach the server/ffmpeg log files from when this happened? Thanks.

On 1/15/2021 at 7:15 AM, ticster said:

I have an Nvidia Shield Pro (2019) and on certain files I get freezing on playback, it will play for a couple of minutes then simply stop as if I'd pressed pause, sometimes it recovers and continues playing other times it just trips over and playback has halted.

I can't see a specific error message myself in the logs hoping someone here can see what's going on. Files play fine in VLC on my windows laptop playing direct.

hardware_detection-63746308343.txt 123.72 kB · 3 downloads ffmpeg-transcode-f0ba1276-fc1d-4386-93d2-c599cf39e01b_1.txt 89.12 kB · 1 download embyserver.txt 637.89 kB · 5 downloads

Does this only happen on videos with mpeg4/xvid video?