Recorded items have the wrong episode/date in Emby, but correct in HDHomerun Prime

johnny_swindle
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

johnny_swindle

Have used this without issue in the past, but the original HDPrime stopped working, got a new once all set up and configured....records items displaying the wrong info in emby, but are correct in HDPrime. This from today: Emby vs HD Prime

Capture1.jpg.dea0c338d8d8257874e8f958e391de0b.jpgCapture2.thumb.JPG.1382bf8c684858e4ecd27dab83ed71e6.JPG

Edited by johnny_swindle
image correction

johnny_swindle
2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

the date of the episode/episode name is incorrect......the top screen shot in my first post is a recording made on 01/14/2021 and that is how it displays in Emby....second screen shot in my first post is the same recording and how is displays in HDHomeRun Prime. The screen shot below is the series and episode and that corresponds with the HDHome display info.
270461184_seriesinfo..thumb.JPG.e3ced518328389238a256cd9bcf253e3.JPG

johnny_swindle

I was poking around looking at the Emby guide data and I see this. Channel 11 is a PBS channel.....the Louisiana Public Broadcasting.....would that have anything to do with the issue?57879187_channellineup.JPG.da527dfa10f126f0b9175092d676119d.JPG

Happy2Play

To me the guide data is wrong as the SxxExx is the information Emby is using to get provider info.  S58E79 and S58E137 can not be the same. 

johnny_swindle
31 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

To me the guide data is wrong as the SxxExx is the information Emby is using to get provider info.  S58E79 and S58E137 can not be the same. 

Have any idea why that particular program is not correct? HDPrime DVR is currently doing a new recording and it appears that it has it season/episode correct. Will know more when it completes.
  972933948_currentrecording.JPG.19215dbfb8b27e043234ccd64fe37e66.JPG

Happy2Play

A Live TV guru will have to comment more but from what you have provided so far suggest the guide data for that specific show in first post is incorrect.  So from the start it will not match to requested online provider data.

tcjones5305

The guide data for ABC's General Hospital is incorrect.
It has the season correct, but the episode number is way behind for some reason.

On 1/18/2021 at 12:06 PM, tcjones5305 said:

The guide data for ABC's General Hospital is incorrect.
It has the season correct, but the episode number is way behind for some reason.

If it's a network or national channel which I think this is (ie ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) let me know if it looks correct or wrong the upcoming week.
I'll take a look at my guide as well and see if it matches yours which will help us determine if it's wrong nationally or regionally.

Then we can try and determine if the guide/station data is correct and meta-data providers are wrong or not.
We can report things like this but if it's a network feeding them this info and the network insists these are the correct season/episodes (their network) it may be hard to get changed.

But we don't mind looking, doing the homework and reporting this!

johnny_swindle
5 hours ago, cayars said:

If it's a network or national channel which I think this is (ie ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) let me know if it looks correct or wrong the upcoming week.
I'll take a look at my guide as well and see if it matches yours which will help us determine if it's wrong nationally or regionally.

Then we can try and determine if the guide/station data is correct and meta-data providers are wrong or not.
We can report things like this but if it's a network feeding them this info and the network insists these are the correct season/episodes (their network) it may be hard to get changed.

But we don't mind looking, doing the homework and reporting this!

I understand....if it is beyond the the control of the Emby team I will adjust.  Just wanted to bring it to someone's attention.

• Like 1

tcjones5305

Just confirming the guide data for ABC's General Hospital is still incorrect, correct season but about 60 episodes behind.

• Solution

So what you see matches the description for what ABC itself is showing. Being that it's the network who creates the season/episode numbers and meta-data providers just track this the EPG is likely correct while the meta-data providers are wrong.

https://abc.com/schedule

This type of show is always going to be a pain in the butt as there is no easy way to rectify this.  If you record them you can either stick with the EPG data or rename them to match the meta-data providers.

There won't be anything for us to report on something like this unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, tcjones5305 said:

Also, when I used Schedules Direct with Windows Media Center, the EPG was correct for General Hospital.

Our data comes from the same place as schedules direct, so if you were using that now, you'd see the same thing that you see in Emby.

59 minutes ago, tcjones5305 said:

I don't quite follow what you are saying, the meta-data providers are wrong?
Isn't that Emby now with their guide?

TVDB is correct: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/general-hospital/seasons/official/58
Also, when I used Schedules Direct with Windows Media Center, the EPG was correct for General Hospital.

Based on what?  For example do all episodes match the General Hospital website?

Most Meta-Data is made up by people like you and I who enter it into their system.  Just because we think it's right doesn't make it so.  That's why I asked the question above.

So what I'm getting at if you look at the show's website and see season/episode numbers and the Guide Data matches that then it's correct.

tcjones5305

Schedules Direct with Windows Media Center had the correct information about the episode on the the correct day.
TVDB list the correct information and air date for each episode.

For today's episode, Emby has S58E95.
In reality, and on TVDB, (and I assume, based on my experience, Schedules Direct) today was S58E154.
So right now the Emby guide is 59 episodes behind.
Emby's info about S58E95 is correct for the actual S58E95 episode that was aired on November 5, 2020.

Does this information help troubleshoot the problem?

Hi, the best we can do is report this to our guide data provider. @cayars

As I mentioned earlier, both Emby and Schedules Direct get their data from the same place.

OK first thing I did was look on my system for either today or tomorrows episode and get this for Feb 10th:

image.thumb.png.bf66ac593024cff74e1274073900cd21.png

Now I go to the official website and look up the most recent online video which is from Feb 8 (2 day difference)
https://abc.com/shows/general-hospital/episode-guide/2021-02/08-general-hospital-20821

image.thumb.png.72c78b4516f89fbc12dfd36f29d9024e.png

Online is S58E94 while I can record TOMORROW S58E96 (2 day difference).

This to me looks like our GUIDE DATA is spot on.

tcjones5305

TVDB is correct: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/general-hospital/seasons/official/58

image.thumb.png.6bd736e7939334e9d0b377d4bfb9a013.png

The description of your ABC screen shot is correct.
The episode number is not correct.

If I had an active Schedules Direct subscription, I would check it, but I let it expire.
Does anyone have an active subscription so they can look at it?

If I renumber the recorded file to the correct episode number, then the correct metadata is retrieved.

Happy2Play

So who is correct, the network providing the show or the 3rd party metadata provider?  As you have stated guide data is what 59 episode number difference.

TMDB and TVDB appear to be in sync here.  So why would a network provide data differ so much from these providers?

General Hospital - Now what? - TheTVDB.com

My guess is the EPG will follow Network provided info and say so what to 3rd party providers.

So as @cayarsmentions it will be on the user here.  Use guide data or rename to use online provider data.

Edited by Happy2Play