(Urgent) Emby keeps shutting down.

denywinarto

denywinarto

Emby 4.5.4.0

I ran emby differently,

first it;s from other drive, not C,

And secondly because i cant get emby to bind to specific NIC like i mentioned in my previous thread, i had to use forcebindip, ran it from bat file with this command :

"C:\Program Files\ForceBindIP\ForceBindIP64.exe" -i 192.168.200.200 "Z:\Programs\Emby\system\EmbyServer.exe"

Then i use NSSM with that .bat file

And about 2 days ago the server rebooted because of blackout, emby was updated to 4.5.4.0 (despite the auto update is unticked in the settings)

and now emby keeps shutting down.

I thought it's because of the service, so i ran just the bat file this time. But it's still shutting down for unknown reason, here's the log file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13b9j_6fQ22ozJobjdTXxJxrlgW7H6wXp/view?usp=sharing

Thats the log file before its shutdown, the new log file created doesnt say anything either, it starts with this :

2021-01-14 08.10.42.653 Info Main: Application path: Z:\Programs\Emby\system\EmbyServer.dll
2021-01-14 08.10.42.892 Info Main: Emby
    Command line: Z:\Programs\Emby\system\EmbyServer.dll
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.17763
    Framework: .NET Core 3.1.9
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: Z:/Programs/Emby/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 16
    Data path: Z:\Programs\Emby\programdata
    Application path: Z:\Programs\Emby\system

embyserver-63746208642.txt

Edited by denywinarto

denywinarto
15 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please attach the log file to this forum post? Thanks.

It's the gdrive link on my first post luke, the log is 100MB i was afraid it might be too big.

Edit, attached now.

Edited by denywinarto

Hi,

N:\Serial_Asia\Serial_Asia_I-Q\Serial_Asia_I-M\King of Dramas (2012)\ is kicking out a lot of errors.  I would move this out of your library for now.

Not sure what IP you are trying to use but I see this:

2021-01-14 07.08.33.432 Debug App: Ping test result to http://192.168.0.200:8096/system/ping. Success: False A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
2021-01-14 07.08.33.438 Debug App: Ping test result to http://192.168.200.200:8096/system/ping. Success: True

From the computer running Emby you should be able to open the web dashboard using

http://localhost:8096

You mentioned you are using ForceBindIP64.exe.  Instead of doing this have you tried setting the IP to use right in Emby?

Network menu: Local IP address:

If you're having issues connecting even with localhost:8096 I would check any security software or firewall settings that might be causing you a problem.

denywinarto
1 hour ago, cayars said:

Hi,

N:\Serial_Asia\Serial_Asia_I-Q\Serial_Asia_I-M\King of Dramas (2012)\ is kicking out a lot of errors.  I would move this out of your library for now.

Not sure what IP you are trying to use but I see this:

2021-01-14 07.08.33.432 Debug App: Ping test result to http://192.168.0.200:8096/system/ping. Success: False A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
2021-01-14 07.08.33.438 Debug App: Ping test result to http://192.168.200.200:8096/system/ping. Success: True

From the computer running Emby you should be able to open the web dashboard using

http://localhost:8096

You mentioned you are using ForceBindIP64.exe.  Instead of doing this have you tried setting the IP to use right in Emby?

Network menu: Local IP address:

If you're having issues connecting even with localhost:8096 I would check any security software or firewall settings that might be causing you a problem.

I did try it on my previous thread.

So my server has 2 interfaces, let's call it ether A and ether B.

Only ether B works for WAN access because ether A's ip is private.

So obviously I want emby to use ether B along with my duckdns updater.

But it didnt work last time i tried so i had to use forcebindip app.

I am trying again now, i put ether B ip address on that option, now it is showing the correct interface on

In-Home (LAN) access (ether B ) , but wrong IP address on Remote (WAN) access. (ether A)

But strangely emby WAN access through duckdns is still working,

is emby updating it late? Or maybe its forcebindip effect?

26 minutes ago, Luke said:

What are your N: and Z: drives? Is it possible they're having problems?

N is my drivepool drive, Z is the drive where i install dynamic apps, so that my C isnt bloated and only consist of non changing apps.

Drivepool isnt showing any issue with the drives, and neither is Z. Sentinel reports no error.

Edited by denywinarto

I'm not really sure why you have to bind Emby to a single interface. Emby should be able to bind to both and then you can setup up your WAN IP and Local IP you want used in Emby.

I would assume you would only have one default gateway and that would be for the WAN connected interface

Edited by cayars

denywinarto
57 minutes ago, cayars said:

I'm not really sure why you have to bind Emby to a single interface. Emby should be able to bind to both and then you can setup up your WIN IP and Local IP you want used in Emby.

I would assume you would only have one default gateway and that would be for the WAN connected interface

When i do that, emby binds to the wrong interface (ethA) and WAN access fail.

I have 2 gateways actually, due to other factors (FUP / bw limitation from ISP) It's the only way to make my setup works.

Anyways, i'm not sure what helped, but i also set the emby service to restart after all 3 failures. It hasnt crashed again since i posted this yesterday. Hopefully it stays that way,.

Actually, you shouldn't have to do any setup in Emby if the networking is correct.

Do you only have one default gateway on the Emby Server that only uses the Internet/WAN NIC?

What are the IPs you have for the 2 NICs on the Emby Server (and which is local and which is for remote)?

denywinarto
19 hours ago, cayars said:

Actually, you shouldn't have to do any setup in Emby if the networking is correct.

Do you only have one default gateway on the Emby Server that only uses the Internet/WAN NIC?

What are the IPs you have for the 2 NICs on the Emby Server (and which is local and which is for remote)?

There are 2 default gateways that uses internet. It's a bit complicated to explain but i need it that way for my setup.

I'm not sure why the Emby Server would need two default gateways.  That defeats the purpose if you are trying to have one NIC for inhouse use (no default gateway) and one WAN side that does have a default gateway.

That assumes your using IPs in the same subnet that don't need routing.

denywinarto
7 hours ago, cayars said:

I'm not sure why the Emby Server would need two default gateways.  That defeats the purpose if you are trying to have one NIC for inhouse use (no default gateway) and one WAN side that does have a default gateway.

That assumes your using IPs in the same subnet that don't need routing.

It's a multi purpose server, not just emby server. A bit long to explain but if you want to know,

ISP A > Public IP no CGNAT, limited bandwidth usage

ISP B  > Private IP with CGNat, unlimited bandwidth usage

So since ISP B has private IP, i'm using ISP B for downloading by default, and ISP A for remote (cctv, emby,etc) hence i need 2 internet connections.

I'd still do this in one central location so all routing goes through one place for easy control but that's besides the point.
Thanks for the explanation as it makes it clear why you're doing this!

So where do you stand with your setup right now?

Are you back to using ForceBindIP64.exe?
How often does Emby shut down on it's own?
Has this happened since day 1 of this setup or something that is new?

denywinarto
7 hours ago, cayars said:

I'd still do this in one central location so all routing goes through one place for easy control but that's besides the point.
Thanks for the explanation as it makes it clear why you're doing this!

So where do you stand with your setup right now?

Are you back to using ForceBindIP64.exe?
How often does Emby shut down on it's own?
Has this happened since day 1 of this setup or something that is new?

My server is 24/7 and there's no blackout again since last time. So it's still using the forcebindip64 + IP config you mentioned before. 

I havent restarted emby again (will happen if my server reboots because of blackout) but It hasnt crashed again thankfully so i'm not really sure what caused it.

I mean the version and everything is still the same.

Thanks for getting back, will let you know in this thread if it happens again.