MBS beta with native XBMC support vs XBMB3C?

scanner50

scanner50

I noticed that they have updated the Server beta to now support native XBMC metadata. Does this mean that theoretically XBMB3C would not be needed for those running the MBS beta? Or does XBMB3C still add something nice to the equation?

jasonmcroy

My experience is that XBMB3C adds something nice to the equation. The skins the guys have modded to work with the plugin do some nice things, show great coverart and other data without the need to install other plugins within XBMC.

You can just use the server to pull all of your metadata and set XBMC to use local data, but I like the idea of just using the server as a backend and XBMC as the frontend because the player is good.

My 2 cents anyway.

-Jason

• Like 1

xnappo

Yeah, not really the same thing.  The nice thing about the add on is the data is always real-time, no library updating needed.  Plus all your collections are already organized from you, play states and synced etch etc.

xnappo

• Like 1

ecrispy

For me the main attraction of MB3 (and thus XBMB3C) is the centralized server, the library management, web based editing etc. Thus I have no interest in using XBMC's metadata fetchers, local library etc. Have done it too  many times, experimented with MySQL setup and its not even close. Plus you have to use an external tool anyway to fix mismatches or do anything more complex.

• Like 3

Koleckai Silvestri

Using XBMB3C gives you the comfort of sharing user statuses across devices without having to worry about maintaining MySQL.

Edited by Wayne Luke
  • Like 1