Emby for Kodi on Fire TV Stick 2020 release crashes

richardvrusso
Go to solution Solved by kstilho,

richardvrusso

Interesting. Fire TV has no SMB setup and emby for Kodi set to native mode. That setup has never had issues. 

Fire TV stick, the one this thread has been going on about, I deleted kodi again after the SMB test. Installed it back and now emby for Kodi with native mode seems to play files now. 😯🤦🏻‍♂️

It did just crash when I went into movies and changed the view to be wall. As I scrolled down and images loaded it said "no no" and crashed. 

I like the idea of adding the SMB share in kodi. Can't hurt having it. 

richardvrusso

I was mistaken my Fire TV does have an SMB share setup in Kodi. Though that is the pendant style Fire TV so different hardware maybe 🤷🏻‍♂️. Definitely different OS, version 6 I believe.

The new fire stick with OS7 while it still crashes when loading the images it seems to complete a little more each time.

I'm thinking one of your prior posts explaining add-on mode vs native mode should be marked as the solution. 🤔

quickmic
1 hour ago, richardvrusso said:

...still crashes when loading the images it seems to complete a little more each time.

Please upload a fresh kodi.log and I'll check it.

quickmic

I see in the log, that you tried to play this file:

2021-01-14 19:53:51.516 T:31947  NOTICE: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: smb://192.168.254.253/VOL1/TV/Freaks and Geeks/Freaks.and.Geeks.S01E01.WS.1080p.BluRay.x264-REWARD.mkv

after 50 Minutes, the player exits.

2021-01-14 20:42:45.587 T:32652  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
2021-01-14 20:42:45.587 T:32652  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: eof, waiting for queues to empty

This seems ok so far, what was the problem? Did Kodi crash and went back to FireTV home screen after you played the video?

Edited by quickmic

• Solution

hello I was a little late, the problem that makes the kodi crash and break and lack of memory I believe. I have a library of 1000+ movies I have to go slowly to the kodi to cache the posters done this does not generate the problem of closing

richardvrusso

Hi quickmic,

I think kstilho might have nailed it. That is the behavior I'm seeing. Maybe my Fire TV (diamond style) has more ram. 🤔 I should Google a spec comparison. 

Let's call this solved being that I added the SMB share to kodi for using native mode. Combined with the limited ram of the stick. 

Thanks everyone for the help. 

®

quickmic

Thanks for the update.

I'm not sure if the issue is related to limited ram. Could be also a issue with (multiple) http queries.

Native mode is a good workaround in your case.