audio in recordings out of sync

rliepins

rliepins

Hi

I have Emby Server v4.6.0.10 on Windows and watch via Emby v 1.8.67g on NVidia Shield units.

For the past month or so, I have noticed that audio is occasionally out of sync when watching a recording.  This happens about 50% of the time when starting to watch a new recording.  The issue is simply fixed by exiting the video and starting it back up.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues?  Is there some other piece of info that would be helpful troubleshooting this?

Thanks

Hi, I've not had this problem personally.  When you playback the media is it direct playing your recordings?

• 2 weeks later...
rliepins

Skip back and forward fixes the issue, but it sure is annoying that most of my recordings have this issue.

I will play with the direct play.

Watching Live TV does not have this issue.

rliepins

Switching to direct play didn't fix the issue.  It seems the only way to deal with it is to exit and restart or do a rw-ff.

• 2 months later...
rliepins

Well, this still is an issue.  Not sure if its an NVIDIA Shield or an Emby Server issue.  It doesn't happen with the web client.

Does anyone experience similar issues?  Its just a temporary sync issue for recordings.

• 1 month later...
rliepins

Hi

I tried that without success.  The Shield sync was spot on and didn't need any changing.  This issue only happens with Emby, so I am concluding it must be an Emby thing and not a Shield thing.

On 6/8/2021 at 11:28 AM, rliepins said:

Hi

I tried that without success.  The Shield sync was spot on and didn't need any changing.  This issue only happens with Emby, so I am concluding it must be an Emby thing and not a Shield thing.

Is it consistent?

rliepins

No.  What happens is it will be a problem about 50% of the time when watching for the first time after, say 12 or more hours.  The more I flip back and forth, the more the issue settles down and doesn't become an issue.  This affects both Live TV and playing recordings.  I do have Direct Play on.  I will play with that setting to see if there is a correlation.

• 2 weeks later...