Emby Mac OS Cursor doesn't disappear

AndyXH

AndyXH

hello when running the emby app that i install via the app store V 1.9.9 the cursor dose not disappear if i play it via the web not an issue only happens via the app 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
13 minutes ago, rooser11 said:

this is still happening and it is quite annoying.

HI there, what version of the Emby for MacOS app do you have installed?

rooser11
59 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI there, what version of the Emby for MacOS app do you have installed?

whatever that is the latest on the app store.  2.0.9 I think?

Edit.  Yes, it is 2.0.9.  I am on Monterey.  M1 Mac.  And you recall the hideously large icon.

Edited by rooser11

bighops15

same issue for me. I am using an app called Cursorcerer which can hid the cursor when you put in a keyboard shortcut but still far from ideal! an ETA on a fix would be great. Also just want to say I am loving Emby- I was a loyal Plex user for over a decade but recently swapped to Emby and can't go back due to the extra features and level of fine control. Great work! Thanks

rooser11
On 11/29/2021 at 6:48 AM, bighops15 said:

same issue for me. I am using an app called Cursorcerer which can hid the cursor when you put in a keyboard shortcut but still far from ideal! an ETA on a fix would be great. Also just want to say I am loving Emby- I was a loyal Plex user for over a decade but recently swapped to Emby and can't go back due to the extra features and level of fine control. Great work! Thanks

yea cursorcerer has been my workaround too but it is disappointing to see no support on this.  i am not renewing premiere.  

• 1 month later...
bighops15

Hi quick update as I found the pressing any key on the keyboard once you have started playback makes the cursor disappear. Not a proper fix but a decent workaround in the meantime so thought i would share. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...
AndyXH

@Luke Hi, just wanted to see if any updates on this. This is still an issue.  Emby for macOS 2.1.6

Edited by andreaxheli

• 1 year later...
Charlie117

This is still an issue for me. 

Emby for MacOS Version 2.2.7 (11).

Especially annoying when playing HDR content as the mouse cursor lights up like a beacon. 

Edited by Charlie117