Transcoding HEVC with subtitles have some problem, while transcoding HEVC without subtitles are normal.

yukinon244

yukinon244

Hello,

i have a big problem with some movies on my library.

this happen for some HEVC mkv videos.

in most cases, I can see movies correctly, even if it also transcodes,yet without any problems. for other case, with the subtitile, the movie frequently shows the fanart picture, but from dashboard I can see my cpu has no pressure on transcoding and it has already transcoded for a few seconds more. But after few seconds, it suddenly turn to the fanart picture (just like the loading page) and then show that "No compatible streams are currently available". If I turn off the subtitle, the movies transcodes correctly without problem.

One point to note is that when there are no subtitles, it can be transcoded without any problem even if transcoding is required. But when it has to transcode with subtitles, the problem occured.

By the way, the problem only occured on the emby website which it must transcode on the server, while on windows client it can be played normally and show the subtitles correctly because it transcodes in native.

for example, I recorded the screen to show this complicated situation. https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlY_WtrxBUtlgp9BlwI0cdCRPMe8dg?e=a6dZJp

the file are all in .mkv+HEVC format and the ass subtitle. if i disable subtitle, the film transcodes and plays correctly.

If there isn't enough infomation, please tell me what I should do to provide it for you.

what is the cause of this problem? how can i solve?

thank you very much!