Music sorting & NFO files

oxhey

I'm in the process of moving my music collection away from Apple Music and into emby.

The easy part of getting my music in emby is done, now comes the whole "making sure everything has the correct metadata" bit.

I have a few questions based on this:

1. Does emby not differentiate between singles, eps and albums etc... I have noticed that emby just displays everything as Albums, even though on MusicBrainz things are split - see here for an example Billy Talent - MusicBrainz

2. I have the following libraries: TV Shows, Movies, Stand Up and Music. I also have the NFOMetadata plugin installed.

I have made sure that Nfo is selected under Metadata Savers, but only see nfo files for TV Shows and Movies.

1. Does emby not differentiate between singles, eps and albums etc... I have noticed that emby just displays everything as Albums, even though on MusicBrainz things are split - see here for an example Billy Talent - MusicBrainz

Hi, curious, does apple music do anything for this?

Regarding saving nfo, in the current release you'll only get album nfo files, however with the next release, artist nfo support will be back: