Server not being found

johnsonb
Go to solution Solved by speechles,

johnsonb

I am using Emby and things seem to be chugging along ok. I cannot, however, get the DLNA portion to work. I have Enable to Play To, Enable DLNA server and Blast Alive messages all selected with the default user selected. I am trying to use it with Roku Media Player.  Two different Roku setups do not see the server.

I figured this would be fairly simple.

thanks, Bj

Update: Sometimes I can get one Roku to see the server however it detects no media. Driving me nuts.

Edited by johnsonb
clarity

brotato

On your router config > Have you tried enabling UPnP?

In Emby Configuration/Library > Have you tried enabling "Blast alive messages"?

1574185126_ScreenShot2021-01-05at2_30_05PM.thumb.png.6f730b42282b9b77a62b74abad963214.png

johnsonb
10 minutes ago, brotato said:

On your router config > Have you tried enabling UPnP?

In Emby Configuration/Library > Have you tried enabling "Blast alive messages"?

1574185126_ScreenShot2021-01-05at2_30_05PM.thumb.png.6f730b42282b9b77a62b74abad963214.png

Thanks for the reply. I was too vague. I have UPnP enabled and blast alive messages. I shutdown my VPN and made peace with the witches coven next door. I am not blaming the last upgrade to Emby, however this seemed to work ok before. If I understood it better I might see if I could roll it back.

Bj

Why are you using the Roku Media Player application and not the Emby for Roku application? We have a native application for Roku with much more robust functionality than using DLNA With Roku Media Player offers.

Edited by speechles

johnsonb
10 hours ago, speechles said:

Why are you using the Roku Media Player application and not the Emby for Roku application? We have a native application for Roku with much more robust functionality than using DLNA With Roku Media Player offers.

I love the native Roku Emby client however I can see the end coming for me. My -new- TV with Roku built in does not see the Emby Beta client channel. When Emby Beta becomes just Emby I will be SOL for an Emby client on my TV, I'm just looking ahead. I love Emby and have no desire to move.

thanks, Bj

2 hours ago, johnsonb said:

I love the native Roku Emby client however I can see the end coming for me. My -new- TV with Roku built in does not see the Emby Beta client channel. When Emby Beta becomes just Emby I will be SOL for an Emby client on my TV, I'm just looking ahead.

What do you mean "does not see" the client?

If this is an issue with the Emby on Roku client not seeing your Emby server we can help. The application has much more support than DLNA. Would you rather use the application or DLNA?

johnsonb
29 minutes ago, speechles said:

What do you mean "does not see" the client?

If this is an issue with the Emby on Roku client not seeing your Emby server we can help. The application has much more support than DLNA. Would you rather use the application or DLNA?

I'd rather the Emby app, it looks great. You can tell it was crafted by people who care. From the Roku add channel menu, if I search on Emby I see only Emby, not Emby Beta. I figured my days were numbered and DLNA was my next choice, so I could keep Emby server.

Bj

• Solution

The Emby Beta for Roku cannot be found on the Roku store. It is a private channel made for users who wish to test features and new additions early. You also get bug fixes and other things earlier with the Beta than you would on the Store version. The Store version must be approved by Roku. The private channel (Beta) can be updated by us at any time as it does not require any approval from Roku. Only applications approved by Roku can be found by searching on your Roku.

You can get the Emby Beta for Roku at this link: https://my.roku.com/account/add?channel=EmbyBeta

The Store and Beta versions of the application can both occupy your home screen. You can tell them apart as one will have "beta" on the icon. You do not have to use DLNA ever again. You are welcome. :)

Edited by speechles
  • Thanks 1

johnsonb

I am giddy! I used the Emby link you provided but my Roku box does not see any anything new on a system update. I'll give it a bit. I'm hopeful.

Thanks alot, I really appreciate your help. This is great news.

Bj

Edited by johnsonb
incorrect info

johnsonb
3 hours ago, speechles said:

You can get the Emby Beta for Roku at this link: https://my.roku.com/account/add?channel=EmbyBeta

The Store and Beta versions of the application can both occupy your home screen. You can tell them apart as one will have "beta" on the icon. You do not have to use DLNA ever again. You are welcome. :)

Well, it has been quite a bit of time with no Emby beta update coming down in a system update (I did get 2 CBS updates, so the process is working). I got a hold of Roku, and they said they are out of the loop, I should go to the developer.

johnsonb

It showed up. Yeah! I am so happy. Thanks alot for your time, I did not want to go to another media package. Anymore I go nuclear for problem-solving, drives my wife nuts.

Bj

• 1 month later...