emby by kodi, data on server, error play

J0ffr37

J0ffr37

Hello,

I have a problem getting emby for kodi to work.

my installation:

- 1 synolody server on which the video files are

- 1 NUC on which is the emby server

- 1 xiaomi mibox on which I want to read the files.

My first install was to use emby directly on the xiaomi and it worked.

I now want to use kodi on the xiaomi. I therefore installed emby for kodi and I manage to load the database of movies etc into kodi.

In the expansion mode, I can also launch the movies. However the NUC reads the file on the server and sends it back to Xiaomi which is not logical from a bandwidth use point of view (upload from the server to NUC, then NUC to xiaomi)

So I want to use native mode so that the xiaomi directly calls the file on the server and doesn't go through the NUC. However, with this mode, I cannot launch the films. I suspect that there is surely a problem of direct access between the Xiaomi and the server but I cannot find how to release this access

quickmic

Sure, it will have something to do with file access but there are many possible reasons, why it's not working in native mode.

If you don't want addon mode (which is imo still the better approach due lag of features in native mode) you have to test step by step. e.g. Does Xiaomi have file access on NAS? How is it NAS mounted? Frankly, I use for testcases always a manual mount on OS (Linux) level. Sure the folderstructure must match in such a case.

I recommend, use addon mode otherwise it will be tricky to debug.

Finally, use "emby-next-gen" as Kodi plugin from Emby-Kodi-beta repository.

Edited by quickmic