Favorites ( live TV) not displaying on Apple TV and no filter option on tv channels

Keyboardcowboy
Go to solution Solved by corey,

Keyboardcowboy

Hi all I'm a newbie with Emby, have some experience with other software 

So I've just setup the media server and thanks to @Luke I've got the live tv  working  also 

Everything works fine via the web gui on my macbook using chrome.

But now I want to start using the emby app on my apple tv

Want to use the favorites to get a smaller list of TV stations, on the web interface that is working.

But that is not working on the apple TV App

When I go to favorieten  favorites 😉 ( I have dutch version 15.0 (2) nl-NL running, due to settings on apple TV  I will only see my favorite movies. 

When going to the channels of live TV there is not an option to use a filter, like in the web interface, so I just have a huge list of thousands of TV channels 

Opening the guide I see  my favorites at the top , but they are not sorted on title, but on the channel number, I was not expecting that behaviour.

Is this the way it should work, or did I run into a bug ?

Is there a way to get a filtered channel list ?

regards

Fokke

corey

Hi @Keyboardcowboy --

When I go to favorieten  favorites 😉 ( I have dutch version 15.0 (2) nl-NL running, due to settings on apple TV  I will only see my favorite movies. 

We'll need more info here. Do you mean the Favorites tab from the home screen? I can confirm that I have many different types of favorites here on my setup.

When going to the channels of live TV there is not an option to use a filter, like in the web interface, so I just have a huge list of thousands of TV channels 

Opening the guide I see  my favorites at the top , but they are not sorted on title, but on the channel number, I was not expecting that behaviour.

This is an enhancement we haven't gotten in the Apple TV app but I'll get it into our next beta.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Keyboardcowboy

Currently wife is watching serie a on the apple tv, so I need to check and will make a  photo/screenshot when system is not used 🤣

I was just trying to find a way to filter out the channels 

Edited by Keyboardcowboy

due to settings on apple TV  I will only see my favorite movies. 

Hi, due to what settings exactly?

Keyboardcowboy

Sorry  @Luke  and  @corey I'm not clear enough ☺️

I've  created favorites in the web interface on my pc to see only my favorite tv channels and not all 30k+ channels,  that worked nicely on the pc

The screenshot web interface shows the live tv channels filtered, (my favorites).

I would like to have that  kind of filtering also on the apple tv, 

When I select a channel on the apple tv I can see that iIve made that a favorite on the pc.

The data is there but on the apple tv is not a setting or  a filter option in the  interface.

screenshot emby webinterface on pc.png

The screenshot Apple tv of the favorites in the main menu,  shows only favorite movies not the tv channels.

appletv Favorites.jpeg

And with the Live TV there is not an button/link to favorites or option to filter

1312424287_livetvchannelsappletv.thumb.jpg.2720a7153b0fa9d75fe4fc57819a0634.jpg

The screenshot with live tv is unfiltered  and there is not a filter option , so it shows all channels including the Video on Demand my provider  (https://kemoiptv.com/) has 😅 and that is a lot  about 30k+ channels .

So would like to be able to filter on the apple tv app just like on the web interface. I'm thinking about creating a  m3u myself but when something interesting happens in the world I'll always try to go to the news channels of that country,  but I'm not sure if the system can handle two m3u list and display them seperate 

1404468865_screenshotchannelsappletv.thumb.jpg.b361f06a6d53ac2f3d42257e5775c5a6.jpg

I've also added a screen shot that is from GSE SMART IPTV LITE i have on my phone, I have the pro on my apple tv and there is the complete standard list split up by country, based on the group-title in the  content of the m3u list.

That would already be some kind of helpful getting split list based on this but would mean two to three clicks and some scrolling

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="ZiggoSportSelect.nl" tvg-name="NL: Ziggo Sport Select FHD 1080" tvg-logo="" group-title="NETHERLAND",NL: Ziggo Sport Select FHD 1080

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="SBS9.nl" tvg-name="NL: SBS 9" tvg-logo="" group-title="NETHERLAND",NL: SBS 9

GSE IP tv app.png

Edited by Keyboardcowboy
edit typo's, added screenshots, tried describe the issue/request

• Solution

Thanks for the detailed screenshots! As I believe I mentioned previously being able to filter to favorite channels in the Live TV library will land in the next release. We'll work on getting favorite channels into the Home favorites screen as well.

• 1 year later...

Has there been any new releases for the Emby Apple TV? The app lacks so much when it comes to live tv! Also the Emby on the iOS gives us “default channel order” which respects the order in m3u feed while the tvOS app gives us no such thing but order by ID which makes no sense at all and is infuriating! So can you at least be consistent with the default TV guide ordering across your apps? Also the TV guide view on the Apple TV sometimes displays “Programs” view all of a sudden which is a major bug. Also once you go back into the TV guide grid after watching a channel it doesn’t remember where you left off in the grid which is annoying. I don’t think we are asking for anything major here but at least give us consistency and stability so that the $120 lifetime live tv cost is worth it. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2022 at 5:41 PM, tolli said:

Has there been any new releases for the Emby Apple TV? The app lacks so much when it comes to live tv! Also the Emby on the iOS gives us “default channel order” which respects the order in m3u feed while the tvOS app gives us no such thing but order by ID which makes no sense at all and is infuriating! So can you at least be consistent with the default TV guide ordering across your apps? Also the TV guide view on the Apple TV sometimes displays “Programs” view all of a sudden which is a major bug. Also once you go back into the TV guide grid after watching a channel it doesn’t remember where you left off in the grid which is annoying. I don’t think we are asking for anything major here but at least give us consistency and stability so that the $120 lifetime live tv cost is worth it. Thanks.

HI,  yes we have a new apple tv app update coming soon. We'll take a look at these. Thanks.

41 minutes ago, tolli said:

Thanks @Luke. What is the target date for the new release?

Hi, as soon as it's ready. We're working hard on it. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
horstepipe

Hello devs,

Is the filter for the tv guide on tvos somewhere on your todo list?

Best regards

8 hours ago, horstepipe said:

Hello devs,

Is the filter for the tv guide on tvos somewhere on your todo list?

Best regards

Hi there, yes it is planned for future updates. Thanks.