MB Bookshelf Support

Redshirt

32 minutes ago, TallBoiDez said:

does this plugin work with emby and where can i download it?

Hi, everything the plugin used to do is now built into the server.

TallBoiDez
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, everything the plugin used to do is now built into the server.

@Luke Okay, I've tried adding books in the past how do I actually read them on emby?

Edited by TallBoiDez

11 hours ago, TallBoiDez said:

@Luke Okay, I've tried adding books in the past how do I actually read them on emby?

Hi, that's not supported yet but is planned for the future. Thanks.

• 2 years later...

Really hoping that odf/pdf/epub/cbz etc.... Are added, been way to long since support to see the files was added but nothing to be able to read them in app. 

Any update or closer on getting this supported? 

3 hours ago, GiGo said:

Really hoping that odf/pdf/epub/cbz etc.... Are added, been way to long since support to see the files was added but nothing to be able to read them in app. 

Any update or closer on getting this supported? 

Hi, no ETA but it's something that can be added in future updates. Thanks.

On 10/10/2023 at 19:06, Luke said:

Hi, no ETA but it's something that can be added in future updates. Thanks.

Anything CAN be added but considering this feature was requested over a decade ago and still not been produce is such a shame. Love emby and love what it provides just wish a few things could get expanded on and this is one of those things, would so prefer not to have to use a whole different server just to read magazines and books.

bakes82
10 hours ago, GiGo said:

Anything CAN be added but considering this feature was requested over a decade ago and still not been produce is such a shame. Love emby and love what it provides just wish a few things could get expanded on and this is one of those things, would so prefer not to have to use a whole different server just to read magazines and books.

Hmm, adding support for non audio/video media seems a bit of a stretch.  Why would I want that on my TV?  Does AppleTV even support that?  So Id say keep it a separate app designed for reading devices and lets keep a media server you know for "media" and not waste extra time on something another app has already done really well.

5 hours ago, bakes82 said:

Hmm, adding support for non audio/video media seems a bit of a stretch.  Why would I want that on my TV?  Does AppleTV even support that?  So Id say keep it a separate app designed for reading devices and lets keep a media server you know for "media" and not waste extra time on something another app has already done really well.

My TV doesn't need it in anyway sense of the word but my phone or tablet is perfect for reading. Media does cover a wide spectrum of things, magazines, books and comics etc... are called printed media so certainly fit into the media catagory. 

Out of interest which other app do you think handles this media really well? I've tried a few and I'm not overly sold on any of them. 

sydlexius
10 hours ago, GiGo said:

My TV doesn't need it in anyway sense of the word but my phone or tablet is perfect for reading. Media does cover a wide spectrum of things, magazines, books and comics etc... are called printed media so certainly fit into the media catagory. 

Out of interest which other app do you think handles this media really well? I've tried a few and I'm not overly sold on any of them. 

I know you aren't asking me, but my experience with solutions for each of those has been a challenging one.  I've had to leverage different servers and clients for each.  Basically, my configuration is:

Comics:

• Server: Komga
  • Client: Tachiyomi (android tablets and phones).

Books:

• Server: Calibre-Web
  • Client: Moon+ Reader Pro (Android), Kindle Paperwhite, Kybook 3 (iOS)

Audiobooks:

• Server & Clients: Audiobookshelf

I haven't really dabbled with magazines, as I mostly deal with the dead tree editions of those.