MB Bookshelf Support

Redshirt

Hi,

I've just had a look at the recommended library structure.

This is not any kind of criticism, but I think it would be more sensible if the recommended structure was based on the author rather the book name.

Redshirt

You can base your library of off author names. My samples were just meant to punctuate how books can be all in one folder or in individual folders.

• Like 1

For those of you who are bookshelf users, I have a task for myself to support them in the web client. But I need someone to volunteer to do a little leg work to save me some time (and future ui developers who wish to support books).

I need someone to contribute to Redshirt's wiki:

https://github.com/RedshirtMB/MBBookshelf/wiki/Library-Structure

I need a zip file of a sample book library containing free content that includes all of the supported book file extensions, as well as all of the possible metadata files. Thanks.

Hi,

I've just had a look at the recommended library structure.

This is not any kind of criticism, but I think it would be more sensible if the recommended structure was based on the author rather the book name.

I believe he's adopted the convention used by other prominent book organizers.

• Like 1

coolspot

Sorry Luke, my library is about 6gb uncompressed.  If I zip it up, I could get it down a bit but it would probably be too big to be feasible

However, I do have it syncing to a box.com cloud account I could possibly share to you for a period to take a look

It's about 8000 books.

Edited by coolspot

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I just installed Bookshelf (great plugin) it scraped all the covers but did not place any as posters or backdrops in the web client or my GS3. They're all Epub. thanks 

Redshirt

scraped all the covers. Do you physically have folder.jpg or folder.png files in each books directory?

scraped all the covers. Do you physically have folder.jpg or folder.png files in each books directory?

I never looked, but yes there are .jpg in all of them. So how do i place them as poster/backdrops? some folders do have multiples

• Like 1

Thanks, I got it displaying by adding a folder.jpg but, there's only one image in each directory. I used copy/paste and renamed the jpg. Can you recommend a faster way of doing it? I have 1700 books in my library and it's gonna take a while to do them all manually.

Redshirt

That's the only way I can think of right now. As the plugin evolves I'd like to eventually extract an image from the book itself. Or grab it from an online source. I actually had that working using Google Books but they wouldn't give me enough downloads per day to make it public for everyone. 

• 1 month later...
JonnyRando

Hey guys,

I have Bookshelf installed as well as comic rack and CDisplay. I have my comic collection in a directory called Comics with each broken up by a sub directory. When viewing the Comic section in MB, I see each folder listed but no cover art, etc is displayed on the folders.

When I click on an individual folder (IE: c:\Comics\Kick Ass\), nothing is listed in the folder.

I'm sure I don't have setting set right or am missing something simple. Could someone provide some guidance on what I'm missing? Thanks!

AlwinHummels

Thanks. Any from MBT or MBC? Some pretty ones. Ones that you would use to show it off..

Done  ;) screenshots

Edited by AlwinHummels