Updated manually to 4.5.4.0 - emby server not starting

barat

Hakkai94

Hello,

I also have this problem. Emby clients are working correctly, but server web interface is no longer reachable for serveral weeks.

I'm using an DS918+. How can I disable DLNA server in Emby if I cannot reach web interface ? (if that's a workaround for this problem as suggested)

Thanks

Hakkai94

Edited by Hakkai94

On 1/30/2021 at 9:49 AM, Hakkai94 said:

Hello,

I also have this problem. Emby clients are working correctly, but server web interface is no longer reachable for serveral weeks.

I'm using an DS918+. How can I disable DLNA server in Emby if I cannot reach web interface ? (if that's a workaround for this problem as suggested)

Thanks

Hakkai94

@Hakkai94 how exactly are you trying to reach the web interface?

Hakkai94

@Luke I'm trying to reach web interface with Chrome from my computer located on the same local network :

image.thumb.png.d952a0f45ced035318dc82987459d124.png

I checked everythink : there's no firewall on my Synology 918+, I don't have any proxy, I tried with IP address and network name, ...

11 hours ago, Kachelkaiser said:

Same as mine.

Hi there, are you sure Emby Server is started and running?

On 2/10/2021 at 10:40 AM, Kachelkaiser said:

yes it is, because I can reached it from external vis my DDNS Domain but not internal from my own network

Are you sure you're using the right internal address on your home network?

Hakkai94

My synology has only one IP address (I'm a system & network engineer), I'm sure that Emby server is running as all clients are able to see new movies or TV shows. There are 2 emby processes on my Synology :

image.png.f571276c308eae45eab7ca77bc9f5cfe.png

BREAKING NEWS !!!

After using command "netstat", I found that emby is running port 8095 instead of 8096 !!!! I'm now able to connect Emby Server ! (manuelly with this port, shortcut on DSM still open 8096 port)

Another thing strange : Emby I'm in version 4.4.3 and dashboard says that version 4.5.4 is available, but DSM don't give me the possibility to update the package ...

2 hours ago, Hakkai94 said:

My synology has only one IP address (I'm a system & network engineer), I'm sure that Emby server is running as all clients are able to see new movies or TV shows. There are 2 emby processes on my Synology :

image.png.f571276c308eae45eab7ca77bc9f5cfe.png

BREAKING NEWS !!!

After using command "netstat", I found that emby is running port 8095 instead of 8096 !!!! I'm now able to connect Emby Server ! (manuelly with this port, shortcut on DSM still open 8096 port)

Another thing strange : Emby I'm in version 4.4.3 and dashboard says that version 4.5.4 is available, but DSM don't give me the possibility to update the package ...

Hi, you must have changed the port to 8095, but for Synology this may not actually work because we have to declare the required ports in the package manifest. So you really should change that back.

In the upcoming 4.6 release, the option won't be displayed anymore so you won't even be able to create this situation in the first place.

Regarding updating, please read out Emby Server 4.5 announcement and the section about Synology:

Thanks.

Kachelkaiser
On 2/11/2021 at 7:40 PM, Luke said:

Are you sure you're using the right internal address on your home network?

Yes I am. I use the same IP as I reach my DSM.

I doublechecked all the last days, and now I have the following status:

grafik.png.563d150ea12adb24289520ce36ff87bc.png

Emby is marked as paused if  I have a look into the package center, BUT

I can reach it with the Apps, (LG and android) and also via DDNS from external, which means outside my home network. I forward outside port 8921 via reverse proxy to internal port 8096

I can't reach the server with the browser within my network

I can't restart the packe using package center.

And now?

On 2/16/2021 at 9:21 AM, Kachelkaiser said:

Yes I am. I use the same IP as I reach my DSM.

I doublechecked all the last days, and now I have the following status:

grafik.png.563d150ea12adb24289520ce36ff87bc.png

Emby is marked as paused if  I have a look into the package center, BUT

I can reach it with the Apps, (LG and android) and also via DDNS from external, which means outside my home network. I forward outside port 8921 via reverse proxy to internal port 8096

I can't reach the server with the browser within my network

I can't restart the packe using package center.

And now?

When you try to reach from other devices on your network, are you sure you're using the correct LAN ip address for your server?

Kachelkaiser

ok double-checked everthing AND:

The port 8096 was not open in the firewall. I opened it and now it works. What a shame 😑

But what about the not running service in the package center? I can reach the server but in the package center it is marked as not running.

Any ideas to that?

Edited by Kachelkaiser

18 minutes ago, Kachelkaiser said:

ok double-checked everthing AND:

The port 8096 was not open in the firewall. I opened it and now it works. What a shame 😑

But what about the not running service in the package center? I can reach the server but in the package center it is marked as not running.

Any ideas to that?

Hakkai94
On 2/13/2021 at 7:48 PM, Luke said:

Hi, you must have changed the port to 8095, but for Synology this may not actually work because we have to declare the required ports in the package manifest. So you really should change that back.

In the upcoming 4.6 release, the option won't be displayed anymore so you won't even be able to create this situation in the first place.

Regarding updating, please read out Emby Server 4.5 announcement and the section about Synology:

Thanks.

I'm 100% sure I've never changed port (why sould I do that ?). Anyway, I've changed it to 8096, I can access web interface like before, I've been able to update to version 4.5, thanks for your help. Problem solved for me.

On 2/24/2021 at 4:30 AM, Hakkai94 said:

I'm 100% sure I've never changed port (why sould I do that ?). Anyway, I've changed it to 8096, I can access web interface like before, I've been able to update to version 4.5, thanks for your help. Problem solved for me.

Thanks for the feedback.