Updated manually to 4.5.4.0 - emby server not starting

barat

My server is DS916+

I had previously emby server ver 4.5.x (don't remember which from logs i see, that probably 4.5.1.0), and I updated manually using emby-server-synology_4.5.4.0_x86_64.spk 

Unfortunately I cannot find log files, I'm trying to check in /var/packages/EmbyServer/ or /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer or /volume1/Emby/logs but can't find anything.

Also sudo find /volume1 -name "embyserver*" is not giving me other locations

For example I'm trying to run server at 20:44, but in logs I see last change at 20:09:

admin@HomeNAS:/volume1/Emby/logs$ ls -la
total 804
drwxr-xr-x  1 emby users    184 Jan  1 17:29 .
drwxrwxrwx+ 1 emby users    192 Oct  6 21:58 ..
-rw-r--r--  1 emby users  59729 Dec 29 17:50 embyserver-63744883199.txt
-rw-r--r--  1 emby users  64118 Dec 30 17:50 embyserver-63744969599.txt
-rw-r--r--  1 emby users  77008 Dec 31 18:31 embyserver-63745055999.txt
-rw-r--r--  1 emby users 615527 Jan  1 20:09 embyserver.txt

Where else should I check to find problem?

EDIT:

Fun fact - it seems that only Synology DSM "thinks" that package is not running (from package center i have Starting.. and then again RUN button_ + web interface is not working. Checked Emby Theater and Im able to browse and watch files.

Zrzut ekranu 2021-01-01 205702.png

Edited by barat

9 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, can you please try clearing browsing data and seeing if that helps? Thanks.

@LukeChecked in Incognito mode -same thing. Browser is Edge Chromium. Same thing happens in phone Safari browser (no matter if accessing via ip or tv.Emby.media + i never was accessing this pages on phone previously so no cache/local storage) . Are using S3 + load balancer ? S3 has problem with cache busting and maybe it’s serving old index.html to LB? It seems that something is updated but is requesting to a function which is not there

Edited by barat

Luke, I didn't get a reply from you after I sent log the other day. I am having same issue with server not starting. I have to start it several times before I can actually log in, and then Emby is VERY slow to load. DS918+. Problems started with 4.5.4

Is there a way to roll back? Where can I download previous version of server. Thanks

Thanks

embyserver(2).txt

Edited by Acemt

Luke, saw that there was an  update to the Synology OS a few days ago. Updated and now everything seems to be working better. Thought you should know

24 minutes ago, Acemt said:

Luke, saw that there was an  update to the Synology OS a few days ago. Updated and now everything seems to be working better. Thought you should know

Great news. Thanks for the feedback.

Kachelkaiser

Hi. I have the same issue with my installation. Updates from 4.5.1 to 4.5.4. Web Interface does not load. Android App works.

I restarted the NAs several times.

I use a 216j and Firefox

any Ideas?

Edited by Kachelkaiser

On 1/8/2021 at 4:29 AM, Kachelkaiser said:

Hi. I have the same issue with my installation. Updates from 4.5.1 to 4.5.4. Web Interface does not load. Android App works.

I restarted the NAs several times.

I use a 216j and Firefox

any Ideas?

Hi, what url is in the browser address bar?

I’ve also noticed that even that Emby clients are working, now Emby server is going down from time to time. I need to check logs. Also - please tell what else should I check to help solve non working server web interface .

BTW. After todays restart web management started to work. There was no updates done by me, so I assume it fixed itself. We'll see for how long.

Still - need to track reason for unstablility (it stopped to work two times in this week)

This thing looks suspicious (unhandled_9663c9f0-f71b-485e-8bd3-94473070e76e.txt):

System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Rssdp.SsdpDevicePublisher.SendAliveNotification(SsdpDevice device, String notificationType, String uniqueServiceName, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Rssdp.SsdpDevicePublisher.SendAliveNotifications(SsdpDevice device, Boolean isRoot, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Rssdp.SsdpDevicePublisher.SendAliveNotifications(SsdpDevice device, Boolean isRoot, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Rssdp.SsdpDevicePublisher.SendAllAliveNotifications(Object state)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__139_1(Object state)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallbackDefaultContext.Execute()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
Source: RSSDP
TargetSite: System.Threading.Tasks.Task SendAliveNotification(MediaBrowser.Model.Ssdp.SsdpDevice, System.String, System.String, System.Threading.CancellationToken)

Edited by barat

12 hours ago, barat said:

I’ve also noticed that even that Emby clients are working, now Emby server is going down from time to time. I need to check logs. Also - please tell what else should I check to help solve non working server web interface .

BTW. After todays restart web management started to work. There was no updates done by me, so I assume it fixed itself. We'll see for how long.

Still - need to track reason for unstablility (it stopped to work two times in this week)

This thing looks suspicious (unhandled_9663c9f0-f71b-485e-8bd3-94473070e76e.txt):

System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Rssdp.SsdpDevicePublisher.SendAliveNotification(SsdpDevice device, String notificationType, String uniqueServiceName, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
TargetSite: System.Threading.Tasks.Task SendAliveNotification(MediaBrowser.Model.Ssdp.SsdpDevice, System.String, System.String, System.Threading.CancellationToken)

Hi, yes that does look suspicious. Can you please attach the complete log file from that? Thanks.

6 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes that does look suspicious. Can you please attach the complete log file from that? Thanks.

It's full file body. Filename (also mentioned) nor log itself contains timestamp. I suspect, that in filename there is some hash, are you logging somewhere else those unhandled exceptions? It looks like some kind of "nullpointer". I can ssh into server if you point me where to look - i didn't see any errors in embyserver.txt log. Synology system event log seems to be also empty if we talk about emby errors.

On 1/10/2021 at 11:58 AM, barat said:

This should be resolved for the next release. If you need an immediate workaround you could disable the Dlna server features in Emby Server,  and then restart the server.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Kachelkaiser

ok next step.

emby server can be reached vis DDNS domain and the website is shown. Internal the website is not running.

strange behavior

7 hours ago, Kachelkaiser said:

ok next step.

emby server can be reached vis DDNS domain and the website is shown. Internal the website is not running.

strange behavior

hi, what do you mean exactly by "internal the website is not running" ?

Kachelkaiser

internal means within my local network. The site times out.

if I reach the server via Internet and DDNS domain all is shown properly

24 minutes ago, Kachelkaiser said:

I use this adress

IPofmyNAS:8096/web/index.html

This worked the last time.

Are you sure the ip address is correct and hasn't changed?

6 hours ago, Kachelkaiser said:

any ideas?

I honestly don't have any ideas as this appears to be specific to your network environment.  Please attach the emby server log. Perhaps we'll see something in there. Thanks.