help with Shield pro as server

NitDawg

Long time Emby user. Server was always on HTPC/NAS. Used both MC and Theater as my front end. I've ditched the HTPC, and now I'm have 2 shields for my 2 primary rooms. I installed the server on the shield pro and added a movie folder on the NAS.  

I can't play any media, either on the shields, browser, xbox-one...it hangs and I get "too may errors" or something about streams. The logs are filled with ffmpeg transcode and remux, although the shields should play these directly. So I'm not sure what setting I have wrong. Regardless of the transcoding, still no joy.

Thanks in advance!

NitDawg

NitDawg

Thanks Luke! I ended up digging more here on the forums (as I'm somewhat new to the shield as well). I found this that was most helpful:

Once I mounted the NAS locally in the shield, playback works great across all devices (and direct play for the appropriate clients). I don't remember doing this on my HTPC server, but glad to get it cooking again!

Happy New Year 

On 1/2/2021 at 8:58 AM, NitDawg said:

Thanks Luke! I ended up digging more here on the forums (as I'm somewhat new to the shield as well). I found this that was most helpful:

Once I mounted the NAS locally in the shield, playback works great across all devices (and direct play for the appropriate clients). I don't remember doing this on my HTPC server, but glad to get it cooking again!

Happy New Year 

It's a Shield TV thing, so you would not have needed this step on the HTPC.

• Like 1