Release notes - How hard can it be?

serpi

So guys, really, what's going on with Emby for Samsung Tizen and the releases?

Version 1.0.88 is out for already 10 days, but still no release notes for this.

Also, there was a release in november with version number 1.0.86 (same as the october release), but this version had the great feature, that me and my wife really loved, that it showed "Next up", new content, etc. already on the Samsung home screen, like in other apps like Disney+ or YouTube.

Why has this feature be removed in the 1.0.87 version? Could you please bring it back (or make it an option in the app, if it wasn't liked by some people)?

Thanks & Ciao, Alfred

Hi, we'll update the release notes. It was removed for now because it was causing problems on some samsung models.

On 12/31/2020 at 5:10 PM, Luke said:

Hi, we'll update the release notes. It was removed for now because it was causing problems on some samsung models.

Well, still not mentioned in the release notes, but this is exactly, what these are for.

Also, still no release notes for the november release.

When will we get back this feature? If it can cause problems on some devices why not disable it for them or make it an option?

When will we get back this feature? If it can cause problems on some devices why not disable it for them or make it an option?

Not that simple. It's setup in the package manifest where an option isn't possible. We'll restore it as soon as we're able to without negatively impacting older devices. Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

The release just went up. Thank you for your patience.

8 Hours ago... that's a complete workday, where I live.

• 5 months later...
roaku

Edited by roaku