v3.0.13 No 'Folder' option viewable for library content type 'TV Shows'

WalBob

My EMBY Theater just updated to 3.0.13. I now have no 'Folder View' option for my TV Shows. Instead, it shows 'All' TV shows. This happens on ET installed on my Media center and my Laptop. Server version is 4.5.4.0 and Folders view is selected as default on the server.

Folder view is still working in ET for my movies, music albums etc. The problem is only with content Type 'TV Shows'. 

Folders view for my TV Shows works normally using a browser, so this seems to be an ET 3.0.13  specific issue. 

Creating a new test shared folder of type TV Shows also has the issue with no Folder option in the views when viewed on ET 3.0.13. A new test folder of type 'Movies' shows the folders view fine on ET 3.0.13. 

I have reinstalled ET 3.0.13 and the problem persists. Note: I did a complete uninstall removing all trace and then reinstalled.

ET1.png

ET2.png

• Like 1

Further to the post above, the issue is also effecting my 'Music' content directory with no 'Folders' option in ET. Content type is 'Music'. Works as expected using a browser.

• Like 1

Hi, yes the issue is that we're limited to 7 tabs in TV mode, so we're just truncating them off the end. What we need to do is introduce new configuration so that you can order them how you wish and choose the ones that get hidden.

• Like 1

Seelchen

Good Morning. Switched some Days ago to a new box (QNAP 673+) and now i have this Problem ) 2. Would be nice if it is gona be fixed soon . thx a lot and happy new year! :)

• 2 months later...
WalBob

Any update on this one.....  Quite annoying not seeing my folders view and I have to open a browser on a laptop to find a what I am looking for. Should be a simple tweak to the app I thought to show the additional folder option....? The problem persists in 3.0.14.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
WalBob

3.0.15 hasn't addressed this issue. In fact it has introduced some random behaviour navigating menus (the left side alphabetical list) and now dumps me occasionally back to the main menu after watching a show.

Will this folders view issue be addressed in 3.0.16?

Is there a fix list for 3.0.15 as these updates for ET don't seem to be 'announced'...?? 

• 2 months later...
WalBob

My 'Folders' option looks to be back in TV Shows and Music - Thanks!! 👍

I see EMBY Theater still shows as v3.0.15, so was this fix on the Server side as part of v4.6.3 release?

Most user interface updates the app can download automatically without requiring an update. Thanks for the feedback.

1 hour ago, Seelchen said:

Sorry. Didnt see any Changes :(

Hi there, can you please elaborate?

Seelchen

It works in Webbrowser, but it did before. but it dosnt on my Samsung TV (Server on my QNap Box) 

Greetings

WalBob
51 minutes ago, Seelchen said:

It works in Webbrowser, but it did before. but it dosnt on my Samsung TV (Server on my QNap Box) 

Greetings

@Seelchen - You do realise this is an Emby Theatre for Windows thread right? I reported this issue on Emby Theater and the issue has been resolved on this client. There was never an issue with the Web Client as I noted in the initial post. 

9 hours ago, Seelchen said:

Ok. Sorry 4 that. My Fault :(

Not a problem. We'll have a Samsung update out soon.