VU+ box not being found within Emby Live TV

rjwill10

rjwill10

Hi,

I have a VU+ Zero that I have hooked into my network.

I've tried to add this box to my Emby Server, but the drop down only ever shows 3 options "HD Homerun, M3U & Other".

I've added the VU+ plug in, and reset the server. I then added the IP address of the box and hit save.

After saving the config, I returned to Live TV and refreshed the guide data, but nothing changes. I also tried to detect the device, but this did nothing either.

When selecting "other" from the drop down, this doesn't seem to give me any options.

I've tested that the IP address of the box works. I run the IP address in my browser using Webif, and the box is accessible and able to stream.

Thanks

AndrewLe

I have VU+ devices also. It looks like VU+ plugin is outdated but we don't need it. You can export M3U with all the channels in the bucket (use OpenWebIf and click on the icon at the top of the list to download the file). This file should be configured with Emby (M3U). Also you need to install HDTunerProxy on VU+ box to generate EPG / Guide that can be used by Emby Server.

2020-12-29 15_05_45-Window.png

3 hours ago, AndrewLe said:

Btw, does HRTunerProxy support picons? I was unable to configure it.

Are there any in it's user interface?

AndrewLe

Nope, it is very basic. Maybe it is located somewhere in the XMLs returned by the service (I don't know HDTuner API to check).

2020-12-29 21_59_43-Vu+ Solo² - OpenWebif - Vivaldi.png

This is the XML returned:

<root xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:device-1-0">
<specVersion>
<major>1</major>
<minor>0</minor>
</specVersion>
<URLBase>http://10.0.0.215:6083</URLBase>
<device>
<deviceType>urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1</deviceType>
<friendlyName>vusolo2</friendlyName>
<manufacturer>Silicondust</manufacturer>
<modelName>VUSOLO2</modelName>
<modelNumber>vusolo2</modelNumber>
<serialNumber/>
<UDN>uuid:bd738cf7-2968-4aac-a624-bc05cea63f4d</UDN>
</device>
</root>

Edited by AndrewLe

15 hours ago, AndrewLe said:

I have VU+ devices also. It looks like VU+ plugin is outdated but we don't need it. You can export M3U with all the channels in the bucket (use OpenWebIf and click on the icon at the top of the list to download the file). This file should be configured with Emby (M3U). Also you need to install HDTunerProxy on VU+ box to generate EPG / Guide that can be used by Emby Server.

2020-12-29 15_05_45-Window.png

Curious, does that generate an m3u only? Does it also support outputting epg data as xmltv?

rjwill10

Are there any other suggested boxes that can be used?

The HD home run is an aerial box, I prefer SAT boxes.

I only have VU boxes from the good old days of card sharing, so am open to changing. 

AndrewLe

Btw, yesterday I made the service that resides between VU+ and Emby and provides Emby with channels, picons and additional streams (cctv). Unfortunately, it has no EPG data (I can't find the data source - even VU+ shows very limited information) yet. It runs on linux (.net5 daemon) near the Emby server. 

Here is the link: https://github.com/alishchytovych/EnigmaLiveTV

Edited by AndrewLe

AndrewLe

The real EPG data has been added. It looks like I've solved this issue for myself.

Btw, crosschecked the same service with the Plex - it works well too. Except RTSP CCTV stream. Do you have any discounts for the migrating Plex Pass users? :)

2021-01-01 21_57_45-Live TV - Vivaldi.png

AndrewLe

I've rewritten the service and removed any dependency on the HRTunerProxy plugin. It works directly with the OpenWebIf API. Emby team is welcomed to integrate it to the Emby server and you'll get a lot of kudos from OpenPLi / Enigma2 users :)

• Like 1

canada99

I am curious of the legality of hosting epg guide data only without any channels, is it perfectly legal to host for all to use ? @AndrewLe this has been done for years behind closed doors but now that you brought it up I totally agree it should be integrated into emby but maybe taken a step further. Why not create a guide share so that people can share their guide data, I would be happy to contribute to this if it is legal. 

Integrated so iptv sellers could not use it or even see it for that matter, would definitely be cool!

Edited by canada99

AndrewLe

I'm pretty sure that in the "license chain" we will find some limitations to share the data. Or it could be limited to the free of charge sharing only etc.

Another aspect - EPG data is pretty heavy (let say few MB per the 100 channels bouquete / per week), someone should pay for the servers / traffic.

The service (or if Emby integrates it into the core) works with the user's own devices that doesn't break any licenses. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 1/2/2021 at 9:14 PM, AndrewLe said:

I've rewritten the service and removed any dependency on the HRTunerProxy plugin. It works directly with the OpenWebIf API. Emby team is welcomed to integrate it to the Emby server and you'll get a lot of kudos from OpenPLi / Enigma2 users :)

Has the Emby team done anything with downloading epg directly from the tuner?
It would be the perfect solution for me.

6 hours ago, wodaaa said:

Has the Emby team done anything with downloading epg directly from the tuner?
It would be the perfect solution for me.

HI, it's something we're planning on looking at in future updates. Thanks.