Error when upgrading to 4.5.4

bizarro252
Go to solution Solved by MRobi,

bizarro252

Hello!

Upgrading I am getting this mismatch warning, my FreeNAS server claims that it is up to date so unsure what to do about this:

I am on FreeNAS-11.3-U5

[emby] Installing emby-server-4.5.4.0_1...
Newer FreeBSD version for package emby-server:
To ignore this error set IGNORE_OSVERSION=yes
- package: 1104001
- running kernel: 1103000
Ignore the mismatch and continue? [y/N]:

bizarro252

Hi Luke,

I am following the directions here:

Specifically: 

iocage console emby-server
service emby-server stop
pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.5.4.0/emby-server-freebsd11_4.5.4.0_amd64.txz
service emby-server start

I also just tried to install in a new jail (as an experiment) via the plugin feature since it was also going to install the latest version.  That worked to install (after fighting with an error that had to do with the mac prefix on the network tab, it defaulted to "b42e99" but the error stated the second 'digit' needed to be an "A" or "E"...)

Once that fresh install via a plugin instead of a manual install finished i attempted to 'upgrade' it just to see if the error went away and nope, same thing.

Perhaps has to do with the jail versions?  Both my original install as well as the fresh install via the plugin are on jail version: 11.3-RELEASE-p14.  A fresh manually created jail (just an empty jail) will create as: 11.4-RELEASE-p6

Edited by bizarro252

• 2 weeks later...
bizarro252

Hi @Luke, any ideas here?  I upgraded my server and got the error in my OP and as far as I can tell everything is still working fine, just not sure if there is some dependency I may be missing that will break something in the future.

• Solution

@bizarro252You're safe to hit Y there and continue with the package install. It's only because the Emby package was built with a newer kernal (11.4) than the one you have installed (11.3). 

I would also recommend adding a pkg update and pkg upgrade in there to update the dependencies.

Edited by MRobi

• 4 weeks later...