Oppo BDP-103D not seen as a playback device

unpjeb

Hi all, new poster here.

Recently I started planning for home video/audio hub to be more user friendly. My current setup is Oppo BDP-103D as a player (receiving signals from TV box, blu-rays, dvds, data from USB sticks, external HDs), with video output going into TV and audio output into Creek receiver Evolution 50A. Oppo is also connected to LAN with ethernet cable.

I wanted to upgrade my media library front end selection with DLNA server. I went with Emby as it offers not only media server but also push playing to Oppo for example. I created server on my laptop, connected to router with an ethernet cable (both laptop and Oppo are on the same netwotk). I have an app on my phone to browse/play the library, wirelessly connected to the same network.

Problem I have is that Emby server doesn't see Oppo as an option to push the file to. I only see my laptop as a playback option if I want to start playback from an app on my phone, and my phone if I want to start playback from my laptop. However, if I navigate to networked folders on my Oppo, I can see Emby media server, so it seems Oppo can see Emby, but not the other way around.

It may be a quite straightforward solution, but I am just only starting out with this, and I couldn't find any solution in the support section. It seems that it should be plug and play.:)

I will be grateful for any help and pointers how to fix this.

Cheers!

Hi Luke, I am using 4.5.4.0, although when I logged on last night from laptop, it was showing that I am running Emby Web 4.5.4.11. Today it is showing 4.5.4.0.

Regardless, yesterday evening it showed Oppo and I was able to start playback. It is still showing today - I don't know really what changed. Hope it stays this way.:)

• 2 months later...
rajchand

Hi Guys,

Newbie to Emby, just migrated over from Plex. I've got Emby 4.5.4.0 server working fine with my OPPO BDP-103D except for files with ATMOS or DTS-X.

All files are in MKV format. Files with DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital & DTS work fine, just not ATMOS or DTS-X.

I will be grateful for any help to fix this issue. I have read other topics regarding Profiles. I have downloaded the UDP-203 profile. But I don't know how to load it in my DLNA settings. Will that work in BDP-103D?

If not, can you please steer me in the right direction.

Cheers & Thanks in Advance.

3 hours ago, rajchand said:

Hi Guys,

Newbie to Emby, just migrated over from Plex. I've got Emby 4.5.4.0 server working fine with my OPPO BDP-103D except for files with ATMOS or DTS-X.

All files are in MKV format. Files with DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital & DTS work fine, just not ATMOS or DTS-X.

I will be grateful for any help to fix this issue. I have read other topics regarding Profiles. I have downloaded the UDP-203 profile. But I don't know how to load it in my DLNA settings. Will that work in BDP-103D?

If not, can you please steer me in the right direction.

Cheers & Thanks in Advance.

Hi, what is the problem you are having?