How to both set FOLDER view as default for all sources & how to move FOLDER option in the Menu to be the first in the list?

terster
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hi.

First question... regardless of where I'm watching Emby (Roku typically), we always have to go into the menu and go to the FOLDERS option to change the view to FOLDERS.  How do i set this as a default on the Emby Windows Media server?  It's tedious to have to make this change, every single time we log into Emby.

Secondly and related, when we log into Emby, we go to the top menu, and then have to scroll over to Folders, every single time.  How do I move that menu option so that it's first?  I can't find this on the Media Server to set the order.

Please advise,
Thanks

T

pwhodges

In your user settings for your Home Screen you can select the default tab from a dropdown for each library:

home.thumb.png.cfd2e6af0b0791cbaafad91df821c494.png

Paul

Hi  Thank you for your screenshot.  This is how i have it set up for all profiles.

Strange though, because when i log into Emby from any Roku, the view is movies and not folders.

Thanks again!!
T

I can't find this on the Media Server to set the order.

Hi, we don't have this right now but it's certainly possible for the future. thanks.

pwhodges
2 hours ago, terster said:

Hi  Thank you for your screenshot.  This is how i have it set up for all profiles.

Strange though, because when i log into Emby from any Roku, the view is movies and not folders.

As I recall, this is a beta server bug which affects Mixed Content libraries.  If what you are describing is Roku only, I haven't observed it - probably because I don't use folder view for movies!

EDIT:  I'm thinking of something else - sorry for the confusion.

Paul

Edited by pwhodges

• Solution
4 hours ago, terster said:

The Roku has its own setting where you can choose any tab in each library to be default.  Click on the "cog" in the upper right when in each library (or press the * key on your remote).

terster
On 12/28/2020 at 4:37 PM, ebr said:

The Roku has its own setting where you can choose any tab in each library to be default.  Click on the "cog" in the upper right when in each library (or press the * key on your remote).

Hi.  There is a setting for "Default Tab" in each library.  Setting it to "folder" did solve the issue.

My request though to @Luke would be to include this in a future release though so that it can be done at the server level vs. locally on each Roku.  I have 3 ROKU devices that have to  be set up and then each time i do a factory restore, we would need to remember to go back and set it again.  So being able to do this at the server level would be ideal.

Thanks everyone for the help!

I would be nice though too @Luke if we had the ability to re-order the menu options (again at the server level) so that when you go into a library... Folder could be first... or whatever else we would like the order of options to be.

Thanks again all.  Happy New Year!

12 hours ago, terster said:

I have 3 ROKU devices that have to  be set up and then each time i do a factory restore, we would need to remember to go back and set it again.  So being able to do this at the server level would be ideal.

Hi.  It is saved per user on the server now.  If you log into the same user on one of your other Rokus then you will see the default is already set.  This will also survive a reset of the device.