Video playing slowly, audio normal speed, hence out of sync

TheShanMan

TheShanMan

@Luke, didn't solve it. I don't know what the rhyme or reason is for sometimes working and sometimes not working on the old TV. It does seem like it must be video card related. Do codecs work differently on different video cards or something? Is there something I might be able to do codec-wise? Or is there something suboptimal or buggy on the Emby side? Are there any troubleshooting steps I could follow to root cause this? I know this is an edge case so I appreciate any help you give!

One thing I could try, if it's possible currently: The reason I enable and disable monitors or video adapters is to get Theater to load on the right monitor. Back when I set this up, there was no way to tell Theater which monitor to load on or position it, and all the hacky attempts I made to do "MoveWindow" type stuff failed because Electron is so weird window-wise. Does Theater now have the ability to be told where to load?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2023 at 11:34 PM, TheShanMan said:

@Luke, didn't solve it. I don't know what the rhyme or reason is for sometimes working and sometimes not working on the old TV. It does seem like it must be video card related. Do codecs work differently on different video cards or something? Is there something I might be able to do codec-wise? Or is there something suboptimal or buggy on the Emby side? Are there any troubleshooting steps I could follow to root cause this? I know this is an edge case so I appreciate any help you give!

One thing I could try, if it's possible currently: The reason I enable and disable monitors or video adapters is to get Theater to load on the right monitor. Back when I set this up, there was no way to tell Theater which monitor to load on or position it, and all the hacky attempts I made to do "MoveWindow" type stuff failed because Electron is so weird window-wise. Does Theater now have the ability to be told where to load?

It could just be that mpv is having trouble with that specific file. Over time with new releases we update to newer mpv builds and generally this will lead to improvements.

2 hours ago, TheShanMan said:

Is there a way to tell Theater where to load, either via command line or via stored settings?

What do you mean by where to load?

• 2 months later...
TheShanMan

@LukeI just set up kodi to talk to my emby server and it looks like the videos that emby plays with slow video play correctly with kodi. Obviously it has something to do with emby theater, but in some way must also be environment/configuration related. If there's any way to troubleshoot and find the problem, I'd love to help find a solution that not only helps me, but makes emby theater a little more robust.

2 hours ago, TheShanMan said:

@LukeI just set up kodi to talk to my emby server and it looks like the videos that emby plays with slow video play correctly with kodi. Obviously it has something to do with emby theater, but in some way must also be environment/configuration related. If there's any way to troubleshoot and find the problem, I'd love to help find a solution that not only helps me, but makes emby theater a little more robust.

Hi, we have a new windows app coming soon, so stay tuned.

TheShanMan

Oh wow, cool. Now I'm curious what I've missed since I don't come here very often. (Goes browsing Theater forum for info about upcoming app...)

• Thanks 1