NextPVR & LiveTV

muehlberger

muehlberger

Hi forum,

thanks to Sub, I managed getting up NextPVR with CI support.

I'm using the latest version 5.1.0.201216 of NextPVR.
The Emby Plugin is version 3.3.3.0
Emby version is 4.5.4.0

Getting EPG data works, but live tv does not. A part of the log can be found below.

I followed some of the least topics & read about a new NextPVR plugin - so the question is: will this plugin fix this problems?

greets from Austria

2020-12-27 11:28:25.236 Info App: [NextPvr] Start GetTimer Async, retrieve the 'Pending' recordings
2020-12-27 11:28:25.236 Info App: [NextPvr] Start InitiateSession
2020-12-27 11:28:25.236 Info HttpClient: GET http://localhost:8866/public/Util/NPVR/Client/Instantiate
2020-12-27 11:28:25.237 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 200 to 192.168.0.2. Time: 42ms. http://homeserver:8096/emby/Users/2d7b4cb7a5d74f89b253277386b80219/Items?HasAired=false&Limit=24&IsKids=true&EnableTotalRecordCount=false&Fields=PrimaryImageAspectRatio&EnableImageTypes=Primary,Thumb&IncludeItemTypes=Program&Recursive=true&SortBy=StartDate,SortName&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome&X-Emby-Device-Id=TW96aWxsYS81LjAgKFdpbmRvd3MgTlQgMTAuMDsgV2luNjQ7IHg2NCkgQXBwbGVXZWJLaXQvNTM3LjM2IChLSFRNTCwgbGlrZSBHZWNrbykgQ2hyb21lLzc5LjAuMzk0NS4xMzAgU2FmYXJpLzUzNy4zNiBFZGcvNzkuMC4zMDkuNzF8MTU4MDU0NzU0OTIxNA11&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.5.4.0
2020-12-27 11:28:25.239 Error LiveTvManager: Error getting timers
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.5.4.0
    Command line: C:\Users\HomeAdmin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -service
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.14393
    Framework: .NET Core 3.1.9
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: C:/Users/HomeAdmin/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 4
    Data path: C:\Users\HomeAdmin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
    Application path: C:\Users\HomeAdmin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: NotFound
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.Get(HttpRequestOptions options)
       at MediaBrowser.Plugins.NextPvr.LiveTvService.InitiateSession(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MediaBrowser.Plugins.NextPvr.LiveTvService.EnsureConnectionAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MediaBrowser.Plugins.NextPvr.LiveTvService.GetTimersAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvManager.<>c__DisplayClass82_0.<<GetTimersInternal>b__0>d.MoveNext()
    Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

2020-12-27 11:28:25.242 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 200 to 192.168.0.2. Time: 46ms. http://homeserver:8096/emby/Users/2d7b4cb7a5d74f89b253277386b80219/Items?HasAired=false&Limit=24&IsNews=true&EnableTotalRecordCount=false&Fields=PrimaryImageAspectRatio&EnableImageTypes=Primary,Thumb&IncludeItemTypes=Program&Recursive=true&SortBy=StartDate,SortName&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome&X-Emby-Device-Id=TW96aWxsYS81LjAgKFdpbmRvd3MgTlQgMTAuMDsgV2luNjQ7IHg2NCkgQXBwbGVXZWJLaXQvNTM3LjM2IChLSFRNTCwgbGlrZSBHZWNrbykgQ2hyb21lLzc5LjAuMzk0NS4xMzAgU2FmYXJpLzUzNy4zNiBFZGcvNzkuMC4zMDkuNzF8MTU4MDU0NzU0OTIxNA11&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.5.4.0
2020-12-27 11:28:26.980 Info Server: http/1.1 POST http://homeserver:8096/emby/Items/619140/PlaybackInfo?UserId=2d7b4cb7a5d74f89b253277386b80219&StartTimeTicks=0&IsPlayback=true&AutoOpenLiveStream=true&MaxStreamingBitrate=140000000&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome&X-Emby-Device-Id=TW96aWxsYS81LjAgKFdpbmRvd3MgTlQgMTAuMDsgV2luNjQ7IHg2NCkgQXBwbGVXZWJLaXQvNTM3LjM2IChLSFRNTCwgbGlrZSBHZWNrbykgQ2hyb21lLzc5LjAuMzk0NS4xMzAgU2FmYXJpLzUzNy4zNiBFZGcvNzkuMC4zMDkuNzF8MTU4MDU0NzU0OTIxNA11&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.5.4.0. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.88 Safari/537.36 Edg/87.0.664.66
2020-12-27 11:28:26.984 Error MediaSourceManager: Error getting media sources
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.5.4.0
    Command line: C:\Users\HomeAdmin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -service
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.14393
    Framework: .NET Core 3.1.9
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: C:/Users/HomeAdmin/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 4
    Data path: C:\Users\HomeAdmin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
    Application path: C:\Users\HomeAdmin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    System.NullReferenceException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvManager.GetChannelMediaSources(BaseItem item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvMediaSourceProvider.GetMediaSourcesInternal(BaseItem item, ActiveRecordingInfo activeRecordingInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.GetDynamicMediaSources(BaseItem item, IMediaSourceProvider provider, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: Emby.LiveTV
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

2020-12-27 11:28:26.985 Info App: Returning error code NoCompatibleStream
2020-12-27 11:28:26.985 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 200 to 192.168.0.2. Time: 6ms. http://homeserver:8096/emby/Items/619140/PlaybackInfo?UserId=2d7b4cb7a5d74f89b253277386b80219&StartTimeTicks=0&IsPlayback=true&AutoOpenLiveStream=true&MaxStreamingBitrate=140000000&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Chrome&X-Emby-Device-Id=TW96aWxsYS81LjAgKFdpbmRvd3MgTlQgMTAuMDsgV2luNjQ7IHg2NCkgQXBwbGVXZWJLaXQvNTM3LjM2IChLSFRNTCwgbGlrZSBHZWNrbykgQ2hyb21lLzc5LjAuMzk0NS4xMzAgU2FmYXJpLzUzNy4zNiBFZGcvNzkuMC4zMDkuNzF8MTU4MDU0NzU0OTIxNA11&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.5.4.0

emveepee

That is the v4 plugin.  V5 support was dropped because Emby wants to make profit from features like this in NextPVR.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

muehlberger

Is there any chance, eg to make the plugin paid , in order to use nextpvr with Emby?

I think this would be no problem for the nextpvr users. 

emveepee

The addon was originally developed for free access before Emby went commercial and there doesn't seem to any desire on the Emby side to provide access to this functionality without a subscription.

Martin

arrbee99

Personally, I think if you've paid for Emby and made a donation to NextPVR you should be able to use the v5 plugin. However thats an old conversation, so am wondering if this more direct method might possibly help -

and possibly -

...bearing in mind Subs comment at the very end of the thread first thread.

5 hours ago, emveepee said:

That is the v4 plugin.  V5 support was dropped because Emby wants to make profit from features like this in NextPVR.

Martin

Everyone has different models.  Some software is donation ware, some a charge to use the software in any way, some built into other payed software and some software is free to use like Emby but charge for premium feature that comes with perks like free guide data which of course is expensive to provide.

No right or wrong, just different methods of making some profit but donation ware is every bit as much a "profit" method just done differently.  Collecting money is collecting money. :)

Just my personal opinion and you can surely disagree. :)

emveepee

I don't disagree with the model, although after paying for Emby users might not be as inclined to pay for NextPVR with regular comments here that they won't be necessary with next gen.   However the NextPVR plugin doesn't use the paid guide, and so that isn't a perk and Emby can't provide it to the plugin.  I never suggested for a minute making the Emby Live TV option free.

Martin

There is ANOTHER method you can use that some other people use for plugins.

Why not make the plugin a paid plugin?

There are a few PREMIUM plugins like this including:
Playon
Movie Theme Songs
Movies Theme Videos
TV Theme Songs
TV Theme Videos
Time Lord Movies
Time Lord TV

So there is an option via Emby to only allow the use of the Plugin to people who pay you for the plugin and you activate it specifically for their server use.  You could also require a registered/paid NextPVR as well which is your prerogative.

There does seem to be many users who want to use your plugin so it's something to think about and more than fair for all parties IMHO.

You could also make the plugin "free" to download/install but does a check against the NextPVR server to see if it has "plugin" rights which you manage based on payment.

So a couple of options.
You deserve to profit from you work like any other dev if you choose to.

muehlberger

Since TVMosaic is discontinued, I was very happy for just an hour, after sub implemented CI-support for DigitalDevices Cards (in my case: DVB/S2). Then, I figured out that the emby integration made problems... And here we are.

If there would be another solution for using live tv on my FireTV cube (e.g. a NextPVR app), I could get over the missing integration into emby. Although I'm developer at work, I don't want to continue this in the evening, so I'm not looking for a totally tinkered solution 😉

Since the NextPVR iOS-app is paid, a similar solution for the plugin would be consistent for my view.

Hopefully, there will be any solution in the near future - merry x-mas in retrospect and a prosperous new year.

Edited by muehlberger

emveepee

Kodi is certainly a good alternative for many TV Mosaic users who want to benefit from this new NextPVR feature on many platforms.  Emby users typically don't like Kodi I can't help with that.

Some of you may think that I am involved with NextPVR I am just a hobbyist who does this for fun and I am not about to try and charge users or attempt to negotiate a license to access NextPVR.   If Emby consider NextPVR a Premium feature they should be doing that.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

2 hours ago, emveepee said:

Some of you may think that I am involved with NextPVR I am just a hobbyist who does this for fun and I am not about to try and charge users or attempt to negotiate a license to access NextPVR.   If Emby consider NextPVR a Premium feature they should be doing that.

Martin

I get that, but maybe the plugin could do a simple check of NextPVR status to see if it's "registered" or not.  So if the person made a payment for NextPVR then the plugin will work for them.

That would likely benefit everyone and maybe not much work at all to implement.  I'd think this would help NextPVR because it would make some Emby Users "purchase" NextPVR who otherwise wouldn't have.  Could be a win-win but of course this is up to you.

emveepee

There is no such public "list" or an API to check and all users use the same version. Even when a users donates it does not give them authority to break the NextPVR license and use it with Emby.   I have explained the only legitimate solution to this dilemma remains on the Emby side.

Martin

OK understood.  Just thought that could be a way to go, but apparently not.
It was worth at least worth exploring the possibility.

emveepee

I agree with the motivation I'd like find a way to be able to support Emby again too. It is a well managed project, dedicated support and has great users,  I just wish Emby didn't charge users to access NextPVR.

Martin

@sub3 Anyway to add a "register software" type thing directly into NextPVR so a plugin could make sure a donation was made?

Ronstang
On 12/28/2020 at 1:50 PM, emveepee said:

I agree with the motivation I'd like find a way to be able to support Emby again too. It is a well managed project, dedicated support and has great users,  I just wish Emby didn't charge users to access NextPVR.

Martin

They don't, they charge to have access to the guide data.  Saves me $25 a year so it pays for itself and you get a bunch of other neat and cool features.  You can't use NextPVR to access cable TV without paying someone for access to guide data.  I currently have Schedules Direct to use NextPVR but that expires in 6 days....now I have Emby....but I can't use NextPVR with it anymore so I think there is more here than is being admitted. 

SHSPVR
On 12/27/2020 at 10:22 AM, muehlberger said:

Is there any chance, eg to make the plugin paid , in order to use nextpvr with Emby?

I think this would be no problem for the nextpvr users. 

Another option is you could always try setup Emby as M3U Tuner in stead relying on the Emby NextPVR Plugin I have doing this way for well over 1 year now even have one of my test box with Linux setup this way with NextPVR 5 with OTA tuners

Recording Episode or Series in Specific NextPVR Folder - NextPVR - Emby Community

emveepee
10 hours ago, Ronstang said:

They don't, they charge to have access to the guide data.  Saves me $25 a year so it pays for itself and you get a bunch of other neat and cool features.  You can't use NextPVR to access cable TV without paying someone for access to guide data.  I currently have Schedules Direct to use NextPVR but that expires in 6 days....now I have Emby....but I can't use NextPVR with it anymore so I think there is more here than is being admitted. 

I agree they have to charge for that but that is there Live TV interface which is separate from the plugin interface and not available for our use.  Removing the pay wall around NextPVR should be quite simple.  What is not being ignored is sub's simple request when the plugin was first created https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?tid=52306&pid=451569#pid451569  

In a similar manner I can easily create XMLTV from Emby data for NextPVR users but I don't feel that would be justified out of respect for Emby's license.

Martin

Braeden

So will there ever be an update to the current plugin so that it's supported for NPVR v5? I have Emby Premiere and I still can't use my NPVR v5 setup with Emby.

Edited by Braeden

Ronstang
6 minutes ago, Braeden said:

So will there ever be an update to the current plugin so that it's supported for NPVR v5? I have Emby Premiere and I still can't use my NPVR v5 setup with Emby.

No, they have pulled the plugin with no plans for further development.

Braeden

Alright, makes sense then. So how do we then go about using the M3U & XML from NPVR v5 in Emby as I can never make it work?

SHSPVR