Question about Sonarr replacing images

wondermouse

wondermouse

Hi,

I have a problem with Emby resetting the Primary/Poster image to default. If I define an image (not uploading but selecting an alternative image) it will revert back to the default one after some time. Have not spent time on trying to macth when this occurs to the logs.

I've seen some other topics/threads about issues where at least the symptoms seem similar, but the discussions either never conclude a cause, find a workaround, or whatever conclusion is reached isn't working for me.

For me, this only happens for TV series not for films.
I have tested with "Save artwork into media folders" both enabled and disabled in the library settings. With the files saved to media folders I have edited the saved poster and folder files as well, but nothing is working so far.

My current settings for the TV library:

image.thumb.png.3fa9ce5b54c5659806e67e07c7208c80.pngimage.thumb.png.74bb2d2f5b654c8fc9e5f2ace081426c.pngimage.thumb.png.6742416ad1ad7edfec5b9fbb850f4fbe.png

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Emby Server Version 4.5.4.0
Server HW: Mac mini (Mid 2011, i5, 16GB)

Cheers
/Jacob

Hi, sounds like the default one is sitting in your media folder next to the video file. Since those always take priority, that's why it's getting reverted back on the next library scan.

wondermouse

Hi Luke,

That's the thing, there's no poster.jpg or folder.jpg in the media folder anymore. I did try to enable the "Save artwork into media folders", which then saved jpgs to the media folder. I then tried to manually replace those files with the ones I want, but the series poster still reverts back to default.
As seen in the screenshots of the library settings I've now disabled "Save artwork into media folders" and also deleted any poster or folder jpgs from the media folder. And yet the series posters still revert back to default :(

Edited by wondermouse

wondermouse

Had a look again and see that Emby still is saving images to the media folders even when "Save artwork into media folders" is disabled. Any idea why it miht be doing that? Unless I've completely misunderstood the the setting it should not do that, right? 🤔

Had a look again and see that Emby still is saving images to the media folders even when "Save artwork into media folders" is disabled. Any idea why it miht be doing that? Unless I've completely misunderstood the the setting it should not do that, right? 

When it is disabled, Emby Server will not save images to media folders.

• 2 weeks later...