Emby Premiere not recognized on Emby LG App

doughouz

doughouz

I am new to Emby so please be patient with me.  I downloaded Emby server on my Synology NAS and did the basic setup.  I signed up to Emby Premiere and added a Live TV m3u file which is now working in the browser.  After that, I installed the Emby LG app and singed in to my account.  After signing into the Emby LG App, I can see that Live TV feature is not working and its asking me to sign up to Emby Premiere.  I checked the Emby server once more and found that I am successfully subscribed to premiere so I am totally confused.  Any help would be appreciated.

doughouz
13 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Make sure that the app/TV is able to get out to the internet to validate the license.

Hello, the internet is available on the TV.  I have Netflix and Amazon prime working flawlessly.  I also used the TV's built in browser to access the Emby site and I was able to access it. 

@ebrthis is an older 2016 model. I’m a bit concerned that the cert authority for the ssl certificate for the validation server might not be supported on these older models. I’ve noticed that it’s been updated recently and I’ve started to see ssl errors in the old emulators as well as the same issue of not being able to validate Emby premiere. 

15 hours ago, SamES said:

@ebrthis is an older 2016 model. I’m a bit concerned that the cert authority for the ssl certificate for the validation server might not be supported on these older models. I’ve noticed that it’s been updated recently and I’ve started to see ssl errors in the old emulators as well as the same issue of not being able to validate Emby premiere. 

If that is the problem, I'm honestly not sure what we can do about it... @bigjohn

doughouz
1 hour ago, ebr said:

If that is the problem, I'm honestly not sure what we can do about it... @bigjohn

Good thing I only subscribed to 1 month of premier access. Oh well, worth a try. Back to Plex. Thank you all for your support. 

doughouz
1 minute ago, ebr said:

We can investigate further and hopefully find some sort of solution.

Let me know if and how I can help in the investigation.

I'm not sure what at this stage, but I'll try and test a few things to confirm it as well.  @doughouz, don't give up yet.  This may still have another cause, we need to confirm that this is the issue.