Media duplicates

alxzndr

Hi,

I'm having a hard time getting a friend set up on his home network.  There are duplicates (2 for every real file) which we can't get rid of no matter how we scan the library. Nuking all the default imdb (etc) sourced library files from orbit and re-scanning from scratch is what I'd like to do, possibly reinstalling the server but I doubt this would necessarily scrub these dodgy libraries.  Can anybody help with library paths etc?  I'm a PC boy at heart, and not particularly deep into my tech.

Apologies I haven't time to get better acquainted with what seems a decent system. 

He's running the server from a 5 y/o mac mini on Catalina, shooting through to clients on latest-build (Emby/OS) Apple TVs.

Sure.  There are two to three duplicates* of many or most films, and I've re-scanned the library multiple times.  This is really the only example.

*the ghost duplicates only have the title and are empty inside.  At a guess, this could be from my friend reorganising his movie collection and Emby's master library file pointing towards content no longer there.

Edited by alxzndr

Happy2Play

Does the correct path show if select edit metadata on these ghost/duplicate items?

A library scan should clean things up when media is moved arounds.  But can be a issue of Collection/Boxset items as the xml file could be wrong.

But a specific example with screenshots could provide more info.

I'll get a screenshot, but essentially, complete library scans have definitely not cleared things up, and multiple blank duplicates are shown of many films, certainly not just those in collections and boxsets.