Emby Server can't see USB drive in second Shield Pro USB Slot.

Netfool
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

Netfool

I wanted to compare Shield performance between a Library stored on a network drive and a local drive.  I've put a 500GB SSD USB drive in the second slot.  It shows as "Emby3" in the Storage list in the Shield Menu with 500GB available.  However it does not appear in the list of devices when I press the FOLDER+ button in the Library setup dialog.

What am I doing wrong?

Netfool
On 12/24/2020 at 7:36 AM, ebr said:

Hi.  What happens if you just type it in?

The problem is knowing what to type in.  After a round of plugging, unplugging, and re-plugging it appears that the name of the drive is ignored.  The path /storage/5FDB-E609 came and went as the drive was added and removed so that must be the path.  I opened an SMB connection to it and created a DVR2 directory on it.  However Emby claims it doesn't have write access to that directory, and the shield doesn't let me set permissions through the SMB connection (from a Mac).  The Shield also doesn't appear to accept ssh connections so I'm still stuck for a solution.

If I can find something on the net explaining how to set permissions, I'll report it back here.  But for now NO JOY!

Edited by Netfool

Netfool
21 hours ago, Luke said:

You could try browsing to it using the google files app to see what the full path is.

I found it, it's /storage/5FDB-E609.    But I can't figure out how to give Emby write permission on it. 

Netfool
On 1/2/2021 at 5:07 PM, Luke said:

What screen is that from?

Dashboard > LiveTV > DVR > Default Recording Path > Select Path Popup

Netfool
4 hours ago, Luke said:

@Netfool has this helped?

That did it!!   It's an odd implementation though.  I can create directory trees as many levels deep as I like outside NVIDIA_SHIELD on that drive, but can't write to the directories I've created.

• Like 1