Genres and movies

Dariusz

Dariusz

How are Genres being populated into the movies when metadata is being requested? I ask because i was looking for Christmas genre but could not find it.. i have quite a few Christmas movies in the library of thousands and manually tagging them would be a challenge.. also, i noticed i have 3 separate Genres for science fiction movies (sci-fi, Science fiction, science-fiction). I would assume they should be all under one. Is there a way to add a genre so after doing a metadata refresh it would populate those fields?

Hi, they come from the internet metadata providers that you've enabled on your library. Which one is enabled and prioritized first? 

Whichever one that is, I would suggest checking the genres that they have on their website.

Happy2Play

As for Christmas genre, it is more of a personal genre then a main stream genre as I don't know of any media that has it as a genre besides music.

Now there is the Genre cleaner plugin that can map your three Science Fiction genres if you like.

Dariusz
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Now there is the Genre cleaner plugin that can map your three Science Fiction genres if you like.

i will look into the plugin. thank you

Dariusz
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, they come from the internet metadata providers that you've enabled on your library. Which one is enabled and prioritized first? 

Whichever one that is, I would suggest checking the genres that they have on their website.

i only have 2.. in the following order.. i will have a look at their site.

TheMovieDb

The Open Movie Database