Shuffle Playlist Support

tr0nllam

tr0nllam

I'm not sure if this is something that could be added in Embuary or it needs to be added in Emby for Kodi, but I'm looking for the ability to shuffle an Emby playlist. As it stands now, if I want to create a shuffled playlist, I must tag all the movies or tv episodes and then create a smart playlist inside Kodi, using that tag, that shuffles the playlist each time it's played. It'd be much easier if I could create the playlist in Emby and then select a shuffle option via the context menu inside Kodi.

Is adding this feature a possibility?

quickmic

Playlist shuffle is a Kodi stock functionality. Not sure if Embuary modifies something, but with default skin you can.

tr0nllam

Kodi can shuffle their own playlists, but I can't shuffle an Emby playlist without playing the playlist, going into Kodi's playlist and then shuffling it and choosing a starting point.

I want to be able to create a playlist in Emby and play it immediately in a shuffled state. I checked out the default Kodi skin and it also does not have any shuffle options for the Emby playlists.

quickmic

Yes, shuffle kodi via playlist is the only option yet. Seems you wanna load in shuffled order. Not possible at the moment, is there a case why you need that?

I think I remember there is a 3rd party plugin which can do that, not sure if it works in your case.

tr0nllam

Basically, I'd like to be able to create a list of movies and be able to play a shuffled playlist so I get a random movie to watch. I have not seen an add-on that allows you to shuffle Emby playlists.

feerlessleadr

I do something like this for TV shows. 

I have to use 2 smart playlists to accomplish this. First, I have an 'Episodes' smart playlist that has rules to pick up whatever sitcoms I want included in my shuffle (TV Show Contains xxxx). I make sure that the playlist has the following:

match one or more rules

- no limit

Second playlist has the following:

- set as an episode smart playlist

- random order

- 25 item limit

- rule to import the first smart playlist

- rule to ensure no episodes are included if watched in the last 30 days (last played not in the last 30 days)

- rule that no completely unwatched episodes are picked up (play count is greater than 0)

Then in embuary, I created a custom tile on the home screen that points directly to the second playlist. When setting that home tile up, embuary asks whether when you click the playlist you want to browse or play. I set it up to play, and so now on my home screen, when I click the playlist, it will start playing 25 random sitcom episodes that I have watched already, but not watched in the last 30 days.