Question about my wifi

DeeJaayMac
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

DeeJaayMac

Hey fellas,

I've had a working Emby setup for a long time. Just from my TV to my server, same LAN.

Updated my Sony TV, and now emby does not work. 

No pin gets displayed, and entering the IP does nothing. Reset TV, reinstalled Emby, works fine on my windows devices. Reset Wifi, etc. My background is IT/Cybersecurity so hopefully I'm not being a huge goof and missing something. Cheers.

• Solution

Hi.  This sounds like a network connectivity problem.  Is something possibly blocking the device?

• Thanks 1

DeeJaayMac

Blocking my TV?

I use a ubiquiti pro WAP, fully updated, with no issues on my other devices. 

TV is getting DHCP from my Pi-Hole (also doing DNS)

TV can use other LAN/WAN services just fine 

6 minutes ago, DeeJaayMac said:

Okay, we recently had another using a Pi-Hole that had a similar problem.  They had to configure something in it...

Edit: here is the topic

• Thanks 1

CBers
30 minutes ago, DeeJaayMac said:

Disable your Pi-Hole for 5 minutes and try and connect. 

If it works, then re-enable Pi-Hole and try again, which should fail. You will then see in the logs what was blocked, then you can whitelist the URL. 

• Thanks 1

DeeJaayMac

I was actually able to get this resolved. These are the steps I took in case somebody comes across this thread. 

I have a Sony TV and the most recent update I noticed that the TV was lagging a lot, I was to the point where I was going to try and claim a warranty (The Sony website is so terrible and I don't even want to talk about this part I'm so mad at Sony)

Anyway after the last reply from Ebr, I ended up doing the following.

I updated my pi hole, I don't think this actually had anything to do with it. But I noticed that the Wi-Fi on the TV was dropping like every few seconds. I have a fairly nice wireless access point so I thought it was the TV or the update. I ended up disconnecting/forgetting the Wi-Fi and reconnecting, that may have fixed it on its own because that also fixed the TV lag. However I also adjusted my radios, normally I have them broadcasting it high and I reset them back to automatic. 

Thank you for the replies

Edited by DeeJaayMac
  • Like 1