4.5.4 not staring - ask install .NET even after installed both x86/x64

Masterz
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

What do you get if you open a command prompt and type
dotnet --list-runtimes

How about
dotnet --list-sdks

Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 3.1.19 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 3.1.18 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 3.1.19 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 3.1.18 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]

Strange issue to understand.  This is what I have with those commands on the computer I'm currently using with a test Emby Server on it.

Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 3.1.10 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 3.1.10 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]

However Emby Server logs show it's using:
Framework: .NET Core 3.1.18
Which is newer and embedded.

I can't help but wonder if something in the newer 3.1.19 version you have installed changed a registry setting that trips up the embedded version?
Only a question about a possible theory.

I'll ty manually installing these one a time to match what you have.  Maybe one change each day to see if it starts happening on my side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Happened again after a restart. Running 4.7.0.20 now. This Is a repeating issue. My thoughts is Emby server starts before .NET.

Emby1.jpg

I put a one minute delay before Emby starts, not a service, and the issue has not reappeared. Maybe Emby should have a timeout looking for .NET.