Users configuration

internetpourtou

internetpourtou

Hello Guys! i just finished to discover emby.

I wanted to know if it was possible to create a user and allow him to see only one movie in the media library that will be assigned to him? After seeing the movie, he will have to ask me if he wants another one so that I activate him again. Thank you

seanbuff
6 hours ago, internetpourtou said:

I wanted to know if it was possible to create a user and allow him to see only one movie in the media library that will be assigned to him? After seeing the movie, he will have to ask me if he wants another one so that I activate him again. Thank you

I guess you could achieve this using tags to restrict item visibility? Under the 'Parental Control' section of the user management.

image.png.bbca7a84333c944c38cbd96c115695b0.png

This will involve updating the tag on each movie that you want to grant access to every time.

• Like 2

Happy2Play

You can do tags or setup a library folder specifically for him and only give him access to that folder.  So everything you move in and out of that folder applies to him.

• Like 2

internetpourtou

Thks alot @seanbufffor your reply. thks alot

Like when my son come and ask me that he want to watch a movie. with his account that i created  he can watch any movie that he want but Just only one. the solution with the Tag can be able to do that? Thks alot 

seanbuff
13 minutes ago, internetpourtou said:

the solution with the Tag can be able to do that?

Yes, if you create an 'Allowed' tag as shown above 

Then add or remove that same tag to an individual movie, you can control what he see's at any one time.

Alternatively as @Happy2Play said - create a new folder, create a new Library pointing to that folder only ...then move whatever movie you want your son to access to that folder - he will only ever see what you put into that folder.

Happy2Play
15 minutes ago, internetpourtou said:

I have created a tag in the 'Parental Control'. Now how to tag an item? thanks. Am not using the emby Premiere

Select any media, edit metadata and scroll to tags and add the tag.