How does the podcast plugin work?

Kursiv

Hi, try running the refresh internet channels scheduled task in server settings, though it may have run automatically by now. Please see if that helps. thanks.

No.

It did not state in the description it needs.

I just installed emby yesterday a wanted first check out how it is working, so no premiere yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 4:26 AM, Kursiv said:

No.

It did not state in the description it needs.

I just installed emby yesterday a wanted first check out how it is working, so no premiere yet.

Ok apologies for the inconvenience. It's marked with a banner in the plugin catalog as requiring Premiere. We will look at improving this. Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 months later...
Red5StandingBy

Hi, I have a Premium account and I'm having the same problem. The channels have just updated and still no podcasts showing up. Podcasts is one of the main reasons I paid for a lifetime Premium account. Any help with this is very welcome - thanks.

6 minutes ago, Scotland said:

Hi, I have a Premium account and I'm having the same problem. The channels have just updated and still no podcasts showing up. Podcasts is one of the main reasons I paid for a lifetime Premium account. Any help with this is very welcome - thanks.

Hi there, did you setup any podcasts?

Try running the refresh internet channels scheduled task. If that doesn't populate them, then please attach the emby server log. thanks.

Red5StandingBy

Thanks for your help.

I woke this morning to find that podcasts from one of the RSS feeds are now listed and accessible. I guess there are problems with the other RRS feeds! Looking at the internet channels scheduled task progress result, it took 45mins for the channels to be updated. And looking at the logs, most of the channels scheduled task activity was updating the Tune-In plugin channels. It is a little inconvenient that it takes so long for the channels scheduled task to complete as it makes it difficult to check if RSS feeds are up-to-date and integrating properly. Thanks again.