user101xy

user101xy

Hi

which tuners (DVB-C) are compatible with Emby?

Is there a list for it?

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything on the internet.

user101xy

Hi

unfortunalety Silicon Dust don´t have DVB-C Tuner,

and  Haupppauge don´t have Tuners, to use them with my Synology NAS.

Silicondust has DVB-C tuners in their lineup.  If you can get one in your location is something I don't know.

With a Synology NAS you options are very limited.  That's kind of par for the course with NAS units as you really have to have network tuners which limits you to HDHomeRuns.

If you switched to a PC running Emby but kept your media on the NAS you would have a lot more options available to explore.

I'm not sure exactly what new tuners will be supported for DVB-C specifically but can tell you the new Live TV that's getting closer to release (still in dev) will have an expanded set of tuners it can support.

Being that I'm in the USA I have no first hand knowledge, nor have I done any testing as I'm limited to testing m3u files, US OTA (ATSC) and American Cable with Cable Card.  Put another way being in the USA, I can't play with devices that use other specs than what works in the US.

The new implementation will be better for many using PCI cards as well like Hauppauge cards as these cards can be used directly without the need for WinTV software on Windows at least. Not sure about other OSes yet.