I have Emby Premiere but can't get Live TV working

Ronstang
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

Ronstang

Emby does not detect my tuner, which is a Ceton IniniTV6, and although I know that Emby does not support this tuner directly it is supposed to with CetonProxy which I am using and currently my tuners are visible to NextPVR as an HDHomerun tuner.  I don't know what to do to get it to work.  I tried to install the tuner manually and that also did not work.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, Did you setup the HDHomeRun Tuner proxy manually with IP info?  I don't think it will be found automatically like a normal HDHomeRun tuner.  But if I remember correctly it works just fine when you set it up manually.

Ronstang

Yes, I went into CetonProxy and got the IP and manually entered it into the Emby config and then it shows the tuner box....then I add Schedules Direct as my data provider but nothing happens here.  I can add my username but when I add my password and hit save it blanks out all the fields on the page I have already filled in.

Ronstang

I just deleted my login information at Schedules Direct and entered it manually and I was able to login with no problems so I have no idea what is going on

Nice,  BTW, since you're in the USA you can use the Built in Emby Guide Data as well which you might like better.

• Like 1

Ronstang

That would be fine.....how do I do that because right now I have nothing when I select guide.....the timeline is at the top and the rest of the page is empty

Ronstang

I can't show you anything since now there is nothing to see.....Live TV is gone from the homepage.  I went in and set it up to use the Emby Guide information and all but LiveTV is no longer an option....could my Premiere key be the problem?  The other day when I opened Emby on the Firestick it immediately suggested something about Premiere in the bottom right corner....which I supposed would go away once I bought it....or am I wrong?

It likely was still in the refresh stage when you were looking at it.

Guide updates are kind of meaningless until they are finished loading.

Oh I'm sorry, thought the last thing you said was "It came back all of a sudden" and I thought you meant the guide.

Did you check your channel mapping?

That's what I was asking to see a picture of before.

Ronstang

Live TV was gone for a while.  It was what came back.  The guide has never even once shown anything but the blank page I posted.  How do I check channel mapping?

Hi.  Go back to the guide provider setup and remove the SD one and replace it with an "Emby Guide Data" one - selecting an appropriate lineup.

Ronstang

I already did that yesterday, the picture of my screen above is with SD removed and Emby Guide Data selected and configured but still nothing

Did you try clicking the 3-dot menu next to your Emby Guide data and checking the channel mapping tool to ensure that tuner channels are mapped to epg channels?

Ronstang

I checked the channel mapping and there are no channels so even though I have entered my tuner address manually it is still not being detected

Ronstang

Thanks to Carlo's remote session I now have Live TV in Emby and an understanding of how to modify my channel lineup and other things necessary to tweak it. 

Thanks Carlo....and Emby

• Like 1

• Solution

We did a remote session.  I got to see the ceton proxy for the first time so it was educational for me as well.
With the proxy you can remove channels from showing much like you can hide channels with an HDHomeRun.

We then set the proxy IP up correctly in Emby as an HDHomeRun and mapped a few channels and it's all working.
Now Ronstang will just need to curate his channels but it's all working.

Ronstang

OK I mapped all the channels that the guide did not automatically map by itself but I have a few channels that although they show up in my cable box's guide and the channel is available through the CetonProxy they are not in the Emby guide.  How do I handle these channels.  They are mostly second or third channels of the major networks...like "Bounce" and "Me TV" for example.