I have Emby Premiere but can't get Live TV working

Ronstang
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

We may need to report them to our provider if they aren't available.  

Feel free to provide that info here.  If you want since we've got the remote down well, I can jump in on your system for a couple of minutes to verify the lineup.  Then can report it???

• 1 year later...
Ronstang

I need help with this again Cayars.....I am setting up a second Ceton card in another computer and I forgot how we set up the Proxy IP.  The one that shows in Ceton Proxy is not correct.

Ronstang

I figured it out, all is good.  Just used the same IP address as my other machine then manually mapped the channels that did not show up with guide data.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
oldnavy1

Good morning, I am also having this same issue.  Emby is seeing the tuner but when I try to ad a guide the guide is not loading.  I had this setup and working before but an issue came up where i had to reinstall windows and start over and I am having a heck of a time getting this set up. Strange thing is like on the site to test see if the proxy is working with VLC player it is working and it is also loading the guide when do the lineup.xml on a web browser.. how did you get yours working Any help would be thankful

Edited by oldnavy1

Ronstang

You need to get Cayars to help you, he can do it quickly.  I was wrong about using the same IP address as that just set my second machine up as a network tuner so I technically bypassed the tuner card in the machine so I need to revisit and figure this out too.  

oldnavy1

Ok, thank you.  Yea it is strange I am using the IP for the card and Emby sees it, and it allows me to select a Guide source.  It is not doing anything after that.  According the developer of the app I am pretty sure I have it setup correctly because I am able to test the channels though VLC and i am also able to see the list of channels with the "http://<IP of PC running cetonproxy>:5004/lineup.xml" .  I think the issue is the way I have ceton proxy configured .

Ronstang

If emby sees the IP of the card what are you using for a guide source?  Are you using the emby guide source and providing the proper zip code?  

Ronstang

You are using a Ceton card and running CetonProxy?  If so does the card show as an HDHomerun in Emby?  Now I don't remember but I had to fiddle with it to get the guide to install.   Have you looked at your channel map?  If using a Ceton card you are going to have to add the channels manually like I did.  Some may show but not all and they may not be activated.  It is a little tedious but it's the only way.

oldnavy1

Yes it see the card as HD Home Run with the IP address that the card is using. (IP address is reflected in the Ceton diagnostics tool)  I am not certain where the channel map is.  When I first started using Emby when I used a older version i think 4.4 something it would actually see the tuner when you clicked the "detect tuner" option, and automatically add the channels.  I had issues before where I had to re install it and I would just roll back Emby to the older versions pre April 2021.  I tried it this time and had no luck.

Ronstang

If you are running a Ceton card you may have to go into CetonProxy and select the channels first.....then go into emby and do it all over again except this time you are configuring them for the guide.

In the Live TV setup at the top there is an option for "channels"  look in there and see if all your channels are listed and make sure they are selected.  You may have to manually configure them like I did.

oldnavy1

Sorry I thought I had replied.  Yes it shows as HD Homerun within Emby.  It is funny because when I first started using Emby back in 2021 with the older versions Emby was able to detect the device .  A couple months back I had an issue where Emby deleted my tuner and I rolled back Emby and it was able to dectect the tunner.  The funny part is that when Emby would detect and load the channels 

Sorry I seen that I did reply and did not hit the refresh button. Have a million things going on.

Yea its not showing the channels, if memory serves me correct there was one time I had to manually add it.  When it would detect it with the older versions of emby it wouldnt add the IP address of the card it would add a different one ... I was able to add it one time but doing the same thing now is giving an error

Edited by oldnavy1

Ronstang

It sounds like you "think" emby sees your card....but it really doesn't.  If you are using the default IP address then it is wrong.  Even going into the network through FIle Explorer and clicking on the Ceton card it will bring up the web page configuration of your Ceton card and even though it shows the default IP address that is not the one that is entered in emby on my system.  It has something to do with CetonProxy.  Like I said you will have to ask Cayars as he helped me before and I forgot where he found the correct IP address as I can't seem to find it looking for it now.

Edited by Ronstang

oldnavy1

No I completely agree with you, because when I used to be able to get it to auto detect, it was using a different IP address that it is using now. I have been using Emby since 4/21 earlier this year I installed a M.2 hard drive and I had to reset up Emby and the only way I was able to get it set up and recognize my Ceton turner was install the older version I was using when I first started using Emby.  The IP address that Emby is recognizing it within Emby was not the IP address it used when it would auto detect and it would be configured and working properly it, so I agree with you that it is not the correct IP.  I do recall manually entering it before and it let me and this time it is not, again this was on older versions ( I have tried that and this time it is not working).  To be honest I think it may have something to do with the updates that Emby pushes, because I tried to use the older versions ones that i knew would work and auto detect the ceton card but when you go to reset or restart emby ... the server is updated

1 hour ago, oldnavy1 said:

Good morning, I am also having this same issue.  Emby is seeing the tuner but when I try to ad a guide the guide is not loading.  I had this setup and working before but an issue came up where i had to reinstall windows and start over and I am having a heck of a time getting this set up. Strange thing is like on the site to test see if the proxy is working with VLC player it is working and it is also loading the guide when do the lineup.xml on a web browser.. how did you get yours working Any help would be thankful

HI, what exactly do you mean by not loading the guide? So you're saying you can see and play channels, but there's no guide data?

oldnavy1

No Emby act as if it is seeing the tuner but, I believe it is not because i was explaining to Ronstang, in the older versions of Emby it would autodetect my tuner when I would click it but now the only way it sees a tuner is by manually putting it in.  When I had a working configuration and Emby would auto detect it, it was a different IP address then what I am manually putting in.  When I tried to manually put the working IP address that Emby was using previously it will not allow me to put it in. Emby sees the ceton tuner as XXX.XXX.X.1 but when it would auto detect it would be entered in Emby as XXX.XXX.X.2.  

11 minutes ago, oldnavy1 said:

No Emby act as if it is seeing the tuner but, I believe it is not because i was explaining to Ronstang, in the older versions of Emby it would autodetect my tuner when I would click it but now the only way it sees a tuner is by manually putting it in.  When I had a working configuration and Emby would auto detect it, it was a different IP address then what I am manually putting in.  When I tried to manually put the working IP address that Emby was using previously it will not allow me to put it in. Emby sees the ceton tuner as XXX.XXX.X.1 but when it would auto detect it would be entered in Emby as XXX.XXX.X.2.  

Whether it auto detects or not won't stop you from setting up the tuner because you can always enter the address manually. Please do that, then attach the emby server log. Thanks.

oldnavy1

Yes I completely understand that, but I can only speak for myself. I am entering the IP address that I know works and Emby is not allowing it to be entered. Sometimes it was trhowing an error, or just does not see it, but I know the IP is correct, because this has been the only way I have been able to config my setup. 

oldnavy1

Omg finally, I was able to add it.... You have to include the Port being used. So it will be the IP address and the port... I.E. XXX.XXX.X.2:80

Edited by oldnavy1
  • Thanks 1

@oldnavy1 Do you have TV up and running with the guide working?
How was the tuner entered before?  was it just xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx or http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx?  http itself implies port 80 just as https implies port 443 unless you change it with the :port number.

Carlo

oldnavy1

I was just using that port as an example its not the port that Ceton Proxy uses.  As I stated I knew which IP address worked, because when I previously had Emby set up and it would auto detect the tuner, but every time I entered that same IP it would not accept it, it did not accept it until I added the port which Ceton Proxy uses, I think 5004

Yes everything is running great!!!!

Edited by oldnavy1
  • Thanks 1

5004 is the HDHomeRun port used for streaming which isn't changeable.

Maybe that's what I changed and why I did that.

Ronstang

@oldnavy1I'm not sure what OS you are running with CetonProxy and I do not know how long you have been running it....but on Windows 8.1 if I let it run continuously unattended it eventually throws and out of memory error, a dialog box pops up over and over again telling you this, and it just shuts down and you loose all future recordings if you don't catch it.  It usually takes a couple of days but I have no idea what it's behavior is like on Windows 10 or 11.  If you are running Windows 10 or 11 have you experienced this issue?

If you  have then you can use the workaround that I use.  I set up CetonProxy as a Windows Service to start with windows.  Then I sheduled events to shut it down and start it back up a minute later once a day.  Now if you have a window late at night where you are never recording things you can set this to happen then.   For me, I am constantly recording so every night before I go to bed I change the time of these events to happen whenever I have a gap.

Edited by Ronstang

oldnavy1

@ronstang  I am running on windows 10, and I have never experienced that error. It runs perfect, the only issue that I do run into on occasions, are tuners being left opened. Meaning for whatever reason tuners are showing being used in ceton proxy but no one is actually using them, even this is sporadic.  I have always used windows 10, may want to give it a try.

@cayars  I am not saying that it is.  All I am saying in order for Emby to see the ceton tuner not only is the correct IP correct, but you also have to include the port, as you stated 5004. That had never been the case with my experience with Emby.  Just putting the IP address Emby acts as if it see the tuner but none of the TV guide or channels are imported to Emby.  Once I included the port number after the IP it worked as it should.   

Edited by oldnavy1

Ronstang

@oldnavy1Thanks for the info I was gathering and giving possible necessary info at the same time as I have not run CetonProxy on my Windows 10 machine because I don't have that tuner card working yet so it's good to know I probably won't have the same issue.

The only reason I am still running Windows 8.1 on my Media PC is because it has so much software installed and my main emby server that migrating it to Windows 10 is not going to be quick especially since this is a 7 year old installation and I want a clean install.  I have to wait until my WIndows 10 machine has a working tuner card in it to keep up with my recordings so I can have my Media PC down for a few days at least.....and right now I have no cable run in this room so that has to come first.