Subtitled search - samsung tv "tizen"

Midaz

Fix the subtitled search !?  

I don't know if is just on samsung tv  but it is happening. 

I give permission to an user to download and delete subtitles  but the option doesn't appear when i press  on "..." Icon   

When i press "..." Icon appear it ( that's the only options that appear to me (IMG_20201217_134022.jpg)

And if i try to use the option to search subtitled during playback the server (IMG_20201217_135227.jpg)  automatically go out and show the option to select language i want to search  but disappear  in less than 1 second  and then show me the next (IMG_20201217_133806.jpg) as per last picture ..... Nothing is loading .. and playback stopped 

IMG_20201217_134022.jpg

IMG_20201217_135227.jpg

IMG_20201217_133806.jpg

Another error i found on subtitled download is the next .  

When i access on android and have a video ( tv show) and i have two versions of same video ( example 1 english + spanish audio.   And. 2 portugues and english audio ). Server put the 2 files as 1. ( With option to change between version what i found really good due not duplicate the item on libraries view  " it would be great to implement it with films files "

What happend with subtitles download is that everytime i search a subtitle and download this appear for first version added ( see pictures ).  

I cant download subtitled to version  ( dublado- portugues ) even if i select it first and then try to download after ..  i made a test performing it on the screen showed  on picture and during playback.  

( On android download subtitled during play back .. work ok ) the only finding was that can't download to the 2nd version it perform the download but  subtitled doesn't appear to activate into 2nd version if i move to 1st version i could see that subtitled was downloaded and is ready to use  ..

11 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, what do those options translate to?

On the first picture are options that appear when i press the 3 dot icon (...) On the menu of the video ( before start play back)

Options showed after press this icon (...). 1 Add to collection  and 2 add to play list

2nd picture is when i press subtitles option during play back  

The options it showed during play back are 

1 disabled ( subtitles available -- it say disabled due i haven't subtitled to this version) 

2 search subtitled ( it is the option to search and download during playback ) 

3rd picture is what server show me when i press search subtitled  during play back.  ( Server go out of play back and freez )

After perform the update on android smartphone.  To update launched yesterday v 3.1.71. Made a test and same can add (download subtitled to 2nd version of episodes of tv shows on emby ).  

Only way manually adding same name of file in a .srt or subtitle and store at file location 

Could be fine to download subtitle to each tv show episode version  or  Share the downloaded  subtitle (appear on both version or diferent versions in case of some one have more than 2 )  due are the same episode. ( Difference will be resolution or audio language ) 

Where can i get it ?  

And luke another thing  i dont know if its a problem to fix ... If is an incompatibility of tv .. or what happened 

I have the server instaled on a vps with 6 cores, ram 16gb. And  ssd 400gb. And internet speed 400 mb / 400 mb 

Tv samsung support 4k. Is (Samsung Smart TV Crystal UHD TU8000 75" 4K)

at home i have internet speed of 300mb /150mb   ( ill be just needing download right due server is on Vps "is not at home ") 

i got lag on video when reproduce a 4k film - 

i checked the status on tv and said everything is normal direct playing ... Check on server dashboard and same everything ok 

(Probably ill be making a test with a xiaomi mi box s connected to this tv and try to reproduce this 4k file after ) - but if it run well the doubt will be 

problem of lag is by samsung tv app or server 

Does exist a limit of files parameters ( 60fps less or something like this ) ?

Be aware with 4K content, the only way that you'll play this successfully, especially with high bitrates is ensuring you DirectPlay.  That means no TrueHD, ATMOS or DTS tracks, and no PGS subs.

If it is DirectStreaming or Transcoding, it is highly likely that you will not get a smooth streaming experience. 

53 minutes ago, SamES said:

Be aware with 4K content, the only way that you'll play this successfully, especially with high bitrates is ensuring you DirectPlay.  That means no TrueHD, ATMOS or DTS tracks, and no PGS subs.

If it is DirectStreaming or Transcoding, it is highly likely that you will not get a smooth streaming experience. 

Understood and at really what is direct streaming. I was thinking it is the same as directplay

5 minutes ago, Luke said:

Please let us know if the updated version helps. Thanks.

I need to uninstall the app installed on tv ?  

I could remove usb after it ?  I plug the usb promp up about to windows. And after it nothing happend --- im formating the usb again 

14 minutes ago, Luke said:

Invalid app checker ...... Thats normal .. tv is Samsung Smart TV Crystal UHD TU8000 75"IMG_20201217_221107.thumb.jpg.3716d8d9ca1835927cbc4e301a030436.jpg

24 minutes ago, Midaz said:

Invalid app checker ...... Thats normal .. tv is Samsung Smart TV Crystal UHD TU8000 75"IMG_20201217_221107.thumb.jpg.3716d8d9ca1835927cbc4e301a030436.jpg

Where exactly did you download from?

3 hours ago, Midaz said:

Understood and at really what is direct streaming. I was thinking it is the same as directplay

DirectPlay  - Playback with unmodified file, TV supports all the required video/audio/subs components

DirectStream - HLS Streaming, original video stream and only the audio streamed being converted generally due to playback of TrueHD, ATMOS or DTS tracks (not supported by Samsung)

Trancoding - HLS Streaming with conversion of video and audio tracks due to unsupported video

It is the HLS Streaming component which causes issues for 4K playback

4 minutes ago, SamES said:

DirectPlay  - Playback with unmodified file, TV supports all the required video/audio/subs components

DirectStream - HLS Streaming, original video stream and only the audio streamed being converted generally due to playback of TrueHD, ATMOS or DTS tracks (not supported by Samsung)

Trancoding - HLS Streaming with conversion of video and audio tracks due to unsupported video

Understood . But im not sure i think it was direct play and even with this .. i got lag video :(.  ... Tomorrow ill be making the test again and taking a picture of tv with stats during play back. )

13 minutes ago, SamES said:

Look that is what happend video is DirectPlay and even whit this i got lag ..... 

See picture and video 

Screenshot_2020-12-17-23-35-46-025_com.mb.android.jpg

I've recently played the same title at that bitrate, so it should be fine, but it is getting to the limit.  What type of network connection do you have?  If it's wifi, I expect it is 5GHz band and the TV is close to the router with a string signal as this will be critical.  Correct?

FYI, look at 20TV_STANDARD Specs for your model  Smart TV - Build | Samsung Developers

Edited by SamES

At this moment is wifi 5ghz . Is not to close but i perform a speed test and is more than 200 mb -the other curious info is if you look at the video video never stop ( start loading) when have failure or poor signal . A small circle with rotation appear in the middle of display  (at this moment i dont have how to test it by cable due router is on the mess room and tv is on the room "i dont have another router to have as mesh but i will have in a near future.

I played same video on my smartphone ( xiaomi mi 10 ) and play very good  -. Same distance to the router.

• 3 months later...
On 12/17/2020 at 9:56 PM, Luke said:

Luke that version is worst to me i get a new pendrive and install it ... Start app and everythin was well . But when i try to reproduce a video de playback never start ...  ( No 720p no 1080p. And of course no 4k) .. ... Do you know what is happening ...  

Usb version installed 1.093

I'll came back to previous version installed from samsung store ( only bad playback was  4k. Untill now to me on that version ) 

Samsung app vs 1.08

Just now, Midaz said:

Luke that version is worst to me i get a new pendrive and install it ... Start app and everythin was well . But when i try to reproduce a video de playback never start ...  ( No 720p no 1080p. And of course no 4k) .. ... Do you know what is happening ...  

Usb version installed 1.093

I'll came back to previous version installed from samsung store ( only bad playback was  4k. Untill now to me on that version ) 

Samsung app vs 1.08

Thats the picture . .. usb version installed and what happend when i press play button ... ... Still loading and never start ....  

Also i would like to ask you if exist an stable app for samsung "orsay" .... 

I installed the app changing region on tv but everytime i try to perform a playback . Or  before. The app freeze. And kick me out .. ...  Then imposible to use that app 

IMG_20210321_133403.jpg

IMG_20210321_133158.jpg